
I've hesitated to post this picture because I don't want anyone to be afraid to come for a visit but it still is something we've been talking about in our home a lot lately. this is a young lion but I think those teeth are big lion teeth.
This lion was laterally from our house at our neighbors back door, about 100 - 200 yards away against the mountain. We've implemented some rules at our home based on what the Department of Wildlife tells us. Nobody goes outside alone. No children outside without our dogs or without parents. We're hearing that since our dogs weren't intimidated when the bear came into our yard and they put it up a tree, they will likely not be frightened by a lion and give it chase. We realize that the dogs are no match for a lion but our hope is the lion will consider lots of other fun things to do than to tangle with our dogs.
Please don't think of this as a reason not to visit. Lions are everywhere, even Mesa and Safford but when we live on the side of a mountain and it is our back yard, deer, elk, bears and lions are fairly common. This morning as I rolled out of bed, I looked out my back window and saw two does and two yearling fawns moving through the trees behind us. Pretty cool I think.
- Daniel
8 comments:
Ok Daniel and Connie -- that is scary! I hope you keep your doors closed at all times too! I'll come visit when it's cold and everything is hibernating and asleep! let me know what time of year that is.
Steph
I would say that your zoo is a bit more "up close and personal" than ours is.
I'm rethinking our skiing trip...I'm getting a scary mental picture of not being able to outski a mountain lion down the mountain!
Don't listen to my dad still come!
-Devynne
We are there, Thomas and I will be happy to come and see the wild life. As long as we can view them from behind closed doors and windows, with the dogs to protect us! What a picture!
Jenn
Well hey we have Scorpians!! And If that doesn't scare anyone ask Mary what happend to her the other day. Still Awsome picture, I think Camille could take her though. :) And if you think thats a strange thing to say come and get to know our little Camille. You should see her with Rebeccas dogs! (By the way they aren't German Shepards anymore, they are Choowawas.)(I know thats not how you spell it.) Anyway can't wait to come up.
That is awsome! I think that if I lived there though, I would stress out about having kids and wild animals roaming around together. Thats just me though.
What do you mean don't worry, that picture looks like it is on your back porch. I remember when I was a Fish Lake and we saw dear and I saw a moose, and I really wanted to share that with the family and have them see what I saw, I really do hope that our lives will chill down enough to come and see ya all.
Rebecca
Post a Comment