Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom!



Parabéns a você,
Nesta data querida.
Muitas felicidades,
Muitos anos de vida.

Hoje é dia de festa,
Cantam as nossas almas.
Para a menina mom,
Uma salva de palmas.

Dear Mom:

I must admit, it has been a jocular turn of events to see you trying to learn a foreign language, and struggling to eat strange fish products that people put in front of you. I guess I am getting a better perspective on what you were going through while I was in Korea, and certainly you are getting a feel for what I went through. I am proud of you for eating bacalhau.

I could not think of a better way to host the birthday wishing blog post for you, than to put a picture of all of us on there. From all nine of us, and our loving families, we love you, and are praying for you, and wish you a happy birthday.

A mais cara mãe, obrigado para que ensina nós o que nós necessitamos saber para ser felizes. Você é um exemplo maravilhoso a todos nós. O Deus de maio bless o em seu serviço. Nós amamo-lo.

Eu te amo,

Nathan

p.s., Pardon the Portuguese if it is hopelessly butchered...I did my best.

23 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Thank you, Nathan. What a treat to wake up and be wished a happy birthday before you are even out of bed! I am truly amazed that you wrote to me in Portuguese. What is even more amazing is that I understood most of it!!! I love you. Thanks again.
Mom

Mom & Dad said...

That's pretty good Nathan, how did you learn Portuguese that fast? Internet translation? That's what I use sometimes. Mom is having a great birthday. She misses all of you and your families immensly, but you know her she is bound and determined to make it through. Our local Elders and I are taking her to Obidos (Ancient Castle/Fortress--Google it)to the annual Chocolate Festival. It's 5 minutes away. They are also baking her a cake and we're going to eat Chinese Food somewhere. Then tonight she is back teaching English. I don't know why she always worries about that because she does great. Our District Leaders just sent her a text message to wish her a Happy Birthday. She is doing great in the language, but would never admit it. She knows the grammar better than I do. The injuries from her fall seem to be getting much better. She is the best companheira anyone could have and has raised the best familia anyone could have. We love you all. This is her day from my perspective.
Dad

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Happy Birthday Susan! Lucky you -- a Chocolate festival on your birthday! I'd die and go to heaven on that and castles in a foreign country! We hope you have a great day. You are an incredible lady and I'm lucky to be a part of your family.
Love ya
Steph

Mom & Dad said...

Wow Stephanie, you are up early! Anyway, we are the lucky ones to have you in our family. Thanks for joining us!

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Happy Birthday Mom! Like Steph, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday then castles and chocolate! Just wish we could all be there with you! I hope you have a wonderful day! I Love you mom!
-Mary

Evans Family said...

happy birthday grandma I wish I could be there.
love , DeWitt

Evans Family said...

Hey Grandma HAPPY BIRTHDAY
we all miss you so much here but it makes it easer to be able to comunicate with you. I love you so much but am glad that you are on your mission and sprading the gosple. I'm counting down the days until you come back. I'll see you then.

Dallin

Evans Family said...

happy birthday grandma.I wish you have a happy birthday. I wish we can be there.I miss you so much.


love lillian,

Evans Family said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear grandma happy birthday to you


p.s it is a song,

love lillian

Esther said...

Mom
Happy Birthday! I thought I was getting on the blog early but man we have some early risers. What a wonderful way to spend a birthday. Make Dad eat some chocolate too. Its good for him. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love you
Esther

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Happy Birthday Grandma!When you come home be sure to bring me a little Potugeise flag or teddy bear!I miss you too Grandpa,I wish you could come home early!
Love,Rylie A.K.A
Your'e Favorite Grandkid!

Evans Family said...

Dear grandma,
Happy brithday to you! I miss you so much. I wish I could be there with you. I hope you like all your prescents. Your you having a fun time at porchakl ?
Is it fun teaching the gospel?
Love Polly

Evans Family said...

Mom, I love you and I hope that you have a super day. Thankyou so much for being who you are and always being so upbeat and positive. I can't believe how much I have learned from you and how much I want to be like you. Rachel, Allison and I were just talking this morning about how much we truly depend on you not only for ourselves, but also for our children. You are loved, thankyou mom. Happy Birthday.
Love, Rebecca

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

We tried to call and sing you a happy birthday but your answering machine scared the kids. We didn't understand what she was saying so we don't know if anything came through but we tried.
We hope you the happiest birthday and look forward to the Chocolate Fest pictures...If you could possibly 'WonkaVision' those pictures so we can actually have a taste that would be great. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love the CO Biggs Family.

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mom! I hope it's the best! Enjoy the chocolate!
love you.
rachel
and once again, Nathan good job on the blog.

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

Happy Birthday Mom,
Thanks for raising us all to be good people. You are a great example of hard work and determination for all your family. Keep accomplishing all your goals, Love ya,
Thomas

Mom & Dad said...

Thank you for all your good wishes, everyone. I have had a wonderful birthday, from the flowers and beads Dad surprised me with first thing this morning, to the two cakes the Elders made me, to the lunch at the Chinese restaurant (the owner gave me a ring for my birthday), to the chocolate festival (we bought chocolate for everyone! Sort of a mailbox wonka vision) to the wonderful notes and good wishes from so many of my favorite people. I love you all.
Mom/Grandma

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Hope your Birthday was a good one, Mom. Sure do love you.

-Tyson

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Dear G&G,
me and Lillian are both doing this
comment but Lillian typed in the wrong password and we didn't want to start over.Lillian wants a Portugeise teddy bear and a flag too.
Please.We miss you guys so much...
SERIOUSLY!
Love,Rylie
and Lillian
P.S. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
SERIOUSLY!

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Happity Birthday G-Ma

Stetson

Yo Grand - Hope your day was a good one

Levi

Happy Birthday - Sure love ya..

Docker

Happy Birthday - I miss you..

Crew

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I don't know if you'll even get this message because I'm so late getting it to you. It's still your birthday here, but it has passed where you are. Oh well better late then never. I hope you had a great time on your princess day, a castle and chocolate, yep I'd definitly call that princess day. I love you and thank you for the example you are to me. I'm grateful for your love and support. Happy Birthday!
LOVE CONNIE

Mom & Dad said...

Thanks to all the grandkids who wrote to me. I especially loved hearing from all of you. Grandpa and I love you so much. You are the reason we are here. We want Heavenly Father's most special blessings to be with you as you grow up and make righteous choices and make good friends and do good things.

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Ilove you grandma! hAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
-Devynne

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...