Sunday, November 05, 2006

NE update





The most important news is that Joshua got his patriarchal blessing today. Nathan & I went with him. Here's Patriarch Flynn with Joshua. It was very nice, just what we as parents live & pray for.
Here is Bethany with her best friend, Brittany.
This is the girls in their Halloween costumes...yes, they are in their pj's because they are "bed bugs." No matter that I made Hannah a beautiful Narnia princess costume...I was going to take a pic of Josh & Nathan as "stud muffins", but they were too studly to even do that.
Here are Nathan & I serving breakfast for the regional singles conference. The woman on the right is our RS Pres. We made breakfast burritos which they all loved.
We could only buy one pumpkin, and we didn't carve it because I needed it for dinner in a pumpkin & to can the rest. The girls & I had fun & went to our ward Trunk or Treat, then we came back to a pitch black house at 6:45 because Nathan & Joshua stopped handing out candy to watch the Suns game! (They have their priorities, and it's not cute kids saying "twick or tweet.") Nice trick!

4 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

oh, my goodness, that lady in front looks just like me! It sounds like you all had a good Halloween...especially Josh and Nathan. And, congratulations, Josh on receiving your Patriarchal Blessing. It will be a comfort and guide to you all your life. I remember when one of our children was struggling, I prayed for help to know what to do, and received the inspiration to have him read his Patriarchal Blessing. It truly is a blessing and it helped that child.

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Josh that is so awesome!!! Shauna I totally know how you feel with Hannah's costume. Like I said on my blog, I worked all month on those costumes and for what?! For just a few pictures. Tell Hannah to put on the narnia costume you made and take a picture and blog it, I wanna see! The two girls do look cute as Bed Bugs though. What kind of dinner did you make with the pumpkin? It was good to here from you and your fam Shauna, it had been a while. We missed you. I was about to put out a "where's Shauna" blog. :)
Talk to you later.
-Mary

Evans Family said...

Hey Shauna,
Do people there not get breakfast burros very often?
Josh you look so good and we are so proud of you for receiving you Patriachal blessing, it will help you in so many different ways in your life. Right now you read it one way. In 15 years you will read it with a whole different view. Bethany and Hannah look so cute as bed bugs. And as charlie's angels. We miss your family. Love you lots,
Rebecca

Esther said...

Its good to see Halloween from NE. Hannah and Bethany, you are the cutest bed bugs I have ever seen. Josh you are too cute. And Im excited for you to have your patr. blessing. Great pix.
Love
Esther

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...