Thursday, March 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Esther!






Happy Birthday, Esther! I hope you have a wonderful day today. You are the last sister that I can remember from when I thought of myself as a kid (Thomas and Mary came around when I was mature (at least in my own mind)). In fact, the first picture here (and the one that you use for your icon was taken when I was graduating from high school. You were always fun to be around, even (or maybe especially) when you thought the world was coming to an end any minute. I am proud of who have become. You are a terrific mother, and all around great person. Thanks for being my sister.

I love you,

Nathan

14 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

We love and miss you Esther. It won't be too long before y'all learn all that Law School has to teach you and you'll be on your way to wherever it is you want to land. We loved having you as a neighbor when we lived in the bario by the ladies half way house. You and Rachel both were great even when our kids invaded your homes without being invited. We hope you have a great day...Happy Birthday. - Daniel

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Esther!!! Happy Birthday! You are the BEST sister ever! I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope you know how much I love you! If we keep the memories theme, my best memory is when we shared a room and every night you would read me the story of Grandma getting lost out of Grandma Brinton's book. And you would always let me hang out with you and your friends even though there was seven years difference and even though I was only seven. :) Happy Birthday Ress I love you!

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Happy Birthday Esther. Are you a thirty-something now? Well, you only get older. Hope things are going good over there. Rachel sends her shout out. She, Luke and Rylie are sick so in case she can't get to the computer, I wanted to say happy birthday.

Mom & Dad said...

Happy Birthday #7! You have grown up so much. You have experienced some things that, if you had known, when you were a kid, that you would have to experience, you would have been worried and afraid: (tornados, hurricanes, moving far away, labor, potty training, etc. etc.) but you have handled them all with courage and fortitude. We are so proud of you. Remember when you were in the hospital after "truck surfing" and you kept saying "I've learned my lesson. I've learned my lesson," whenever anyone would tell you that you were supposed to be learning something from that experience? Well we learn something from every experience we have and because you have had to be adventurous, you have learned some things you may not otherwise have had the chance to learn. We are just glad you have had Shad with you through it all. He is very level headed and knows when to cater to your worries and when to talk you out of them. We can hardly wait, though, to have you back home, just so we can see you more often, though. We love you, Esther.

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Your are incredible, Aunty Esther!
Thank you for your wonderful advice about the friend issue. It has really helped me a lot. I hope to be a great aunt, mother, friend, sister, and daughter like you when I grow up!

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Esther - Hap b day....Wow! you are sooo old. Everyone in the office says Hi. They all tell me that you are their favorite Biggs to come through the office. You have a great sense of humor... I appreciate a lot of things about you, but most of all how you have refined your vocabulary to speak only in "half words" - which means that I don't have to listen to you as long as most. I am sorry that Shad is away in NYC - I am sure he is working hard and wishing that he was at home with you on your Birthday. Don't give him to hard of a time but make sure that he makes it up to you when he gets home...

Joel

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESTHER! I hope all you birthday wishes come true! Do you wish anymore on your birthday? Anyway have a great day!
Love ya'
Steph

Esther said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and memories. I appreciated them all. So far I understand that I am a half talking hipocondriach (sp?). Oh well you won't meet another one of those right? Thanks again.
#7

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Esther, I am so glad I didn't forget your birthday. Is it a good thing that Shad is in New York or would you rather have him there? I'm sure you're doing just fine without him, but it would probably be nice for him to be there to sing to you or light your cake candles or something. I hope you're having a great birthday. You've always been one of my favorite sisters - even when I was a frustrated irratable big brother. Thanks for sticking with me through all that. Happy Birthday - Sorry this is late. I did write it earlier today while I was at work, but I forgot my login info and couldn't publish it. Then time got away from me after I got home.

Jeremy

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Esther I am back. I have, probably the most memories with you. I remember being kidnapped with you and told you not to eat the candy because it was poison. I remember getting off the bus on a windy day and you crying under my arm the whole way home thinking you were going to be swept away. Rebecca, you, and I shared a king size bed so we put up a sheet to split are bed up actually maybe that was Rebecca trying to get away from us. But we still thought it was cool. Do you remember the swing she put up in the closet. The constant, "Rachel go get mom I'm sick." Always in the middle of the night. Good times. My life has completly been shared with you. Even dating Tony you were always there to sing the "Big Red" song to us while we were saying our "good bye's" at the front door. You make me laugh. And I'm glad you're my sis!! Hope you had a Great Birthday!!
Rach

Evans Family said...

One thing that sticks out in my mind, Oh, not only my mind, but every picture I have as a teenager, is.....Esther. Our sweet little bundle of joy. you have a talent for making me smile, and I love to sing opera talk with you, and I think that it's funny when I can't figure our what your saying, because only half of the words are being spoken:-) I love you Esther, and I love your family. And I love looking back at the pictures and seeing your smirky face in them.

Love, Rebecca

Shauna said...

Hey Esther! Nathan has been out of town, so I haven't been able to write. I always like talking to you, even way back when. I remember visiting you in the hospital after your tonsilitis surgery & everyone asking us when we were going to have another baby & I was already pregnant and we didn't know it. (weird thoughts, huh?!) I personally think that you're going to outlive everybody because if you worry, it usually doesn't come true. So here's to a long, stress-fillled life! :-) Shauna, your #1 SIL.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...