Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!



Mom,

I could not think of a better picture for Mother's Day, than to show you surrounded by your children. Thanks for everything you do. We are proud of the work that you and Dad are doing, and love you for the terrific influence you are on your children and grandchildren (Josh says he is afraid to do anything wrong, because then he would have to tell you about it).

Love,

Shauna and Nathan

p.s., here are the flowers we got for you. You will have to just enjoy the picture.

7 comments:

Nathan said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE MOMS WHO HAD TO GO THROUGH LABOR FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah

Mom & Dad said...

Thank you, Nathan. I really appreciate, so much, your kind remembrances of me. You and your brothers and sisters are what make Mother's Day a joyful occasion. And, Joshus, if I have that kind of influence on you, I am thankful. I remember feeling the same way about my Grandma Brinton. I knew she thought I was wonderful and so I never wanted to disappoint her. Never forget that I think you are wonderful. In fact, I know you are. And so are your sisters. But even more, Heavenly Father knows just how wonderful you really are and what great potential you have. None of us want to disappoint him. Right?
And Hannah, what a sweet thing to say. All of us who labored to bring all of you into the world appreciate your appreciation. But I have to warn you, Sweetie, as I'm sure you will find out for youself one day...labor is by far not the hardest part of being a mother! Sorry to break the news to you.

Mom & Dad said...

PS. I love the flowers! I love the people even more. Thank you. Mom

Shauna said...

Here are all of us in our Sat. afternoon glory (gory). Nathan forgot to say that the vase is for you, too, in one of your favorite (the most favorite still?) colors - sage green. It is Longaberger pottery, which I like because it's chip & break-resistent. So I hope you like it even though you can't smell or touch them. We should've done this for your birthday & Christmas, too! You'll have quite a stash by the time you come home. We'll have to bring an extra suitcase for your goodies when we visit you, just like you do for us. :) Shauna

Mom & Dad said...

Mom had a happy Mother's Day as much as she could without all of you. She treats the missionaries just like she does her children and so they all have a special place in their hearts for her. Besides the dor fisica e a linga portuguesa she experiences the hardest part of this whole mission is just missing all of you and your families. She never complains which I guess is a mother's trademark, but she has saudades for all of you. I can not imagin what I may have done in the premortal life to merit such a great and wonderful eternal companion. Your greatness can all be traced to her. I am grateful to be along for the ride. I am always in awe at her abilities. You need to know how much I love her.
Dad

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Holy Cow Nathan I didn't realize what a good looking family you have!! Great picture.

Thank you mom for all you do. We really couldn't have gotten a better mom than you!

I loved your comment Dad! I know you both were such great people there was no one else to deserve either of you than eachother.

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

This is not a Mothers Day comment, instead it is a Thank you to Josh for taking good care of Flat Stanley and for the letter to Albert. He was a little worried, but then very excited on Stanleys return. Thanks again he thinks your pretty cool.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...