Sunday, September 02, 2007

Portugal 9-2-07

I took this picture because I wanted you to see how funny it is for these Portuguese women to be wearing spikey high heels when they walk around on the cobblestones. I don't know how they do it...and she's no lightweight, either. But so many of them wear those kinds of shoes, old women, young women, light women and heavy women and every age and size in between.






I love the way the crumbling, old buildings get overtaken with vegetation.











With Elder Bills and his parents















Here we are at dinner with Elders Davis, Bills, Flowers, and Brother and Sister Bills.

8 comments:

Mary, Tyson and Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Sorry That was me above, I said the same thing I am saying here...So is someone taking that picture of you guys at the dinner table or do you have a really good spot for an automatic picture? Just wondering because that seems to be a popular spot for pics. Thanks for the pictures! love them!

Mary

Mom & Dad said...

We have a little plastic plant stand with no plants on it, so we just move it in front of the table and set the timer. I would rather just take the picture, but Dad insists that I be in it too, so, oh well, there I am.

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

love the pictures and I'm glad you are in the picture! I love the new look of the blog. we just got back from the mountain and saw a lot of action on the blog. It looks very "Autmny"

Shauna said...

Those shoes would seem to be hard on your feet & back! Oh, well, the price of beauty...

Do most of the elders' parents come to pick them up?
I'm assuming it's because he's leaving.

Mom & Dad said...

Yes, Shauna. I have been surprised at how many parents come to pick up their missionaries. Everyone can't be rich, can they? Some have picked up several sons and daughters and have, therefore, traveled all around the world.

Mom & Dad said...

Although the ones we have met so far are two income families and the latest ones came over using "points". They had to come on two different airlines and the husband was delayed for some time in the States and so his wife was in the Lisbon Airport for a long time not knowing how to speak the language or what to do. Her son couldn't help because he hadn't been released yet and didn't know. I wouldn't let Mom on a flight unless I was there with her or one of you was with her.

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I recently got a miles credit card that I use for much of the travel expense for the hospital's applicants and HR business and it's great to have the miles build so fast.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...