We were glad to have Tony up for a visit this weekend. He came up to scout a trip for his family so we hope the rest of the Alders soon follow but we had a great time visiting with Tony. This is a picture just outside of town with the Rocky Mountains in the back. From this vantage point you can see the two tallest peaks in Colorado (Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive) and 5 other peaks over 14k.We put Tony to work while he was here and selfishly speaking I'm glad he was. He and I put the snow plow on my Rhino which was no easy task and just after he left the snow came. We also relived our old tradition of grilling some steaks after 11pm. It was cold outside but the steaks were good even though I could only have a bite.
The real reason for the visit was to watch the Friday night football game. It was very cold and so far the closest game of the season. Our team played Steamboat Springs and they were tough but Glenwood won. This picture shows how close our seats are to the players. Most schools put the stands on the other side of the track away from the team but our school puts the stands literally right on the sidelines. Tony pointed this out when he was there but I hadn't realized before.
The real reason for the visit was to watch the Friday night football game. It was very cold and so far the closest game of the season. Our team played Steamboat Springs and they were tough but Glenwood won. This picture shows how close our seats are to the players. Most schools put the stands on the other side of the track away from the team but our school puts the stands literally right on the sidelines. Tony pointed this out when he was there but I hadn't realized before.
Thanks for visiting Tony and thanks for helping with the snow plow. - Daniel
4 comments:
Hey Daniel great blog, because it was all about Tony. We are sure missing him, but I'm so glad he has some family there, to make it a little easier on him being away from the loud, crazy, cry'n, no sleeping, family of his. I know he wishes he could be here right now instead of watching some "game" in the total peace and quiet of his own little one room suite. :)
He talked a lot of your town so much so that I asked him if he wanted to move there. The second picture was so beautiful are those trees somewhere near your house?
Oh hey Happy birthday Joel, I didn't know it was a thing. when Esther and Mary asked if I called, I said "no did you? He never calls me for my birthday." Then I asked do you call all the brothers for the birthday and she said yes, I was impressed and told her I guess I'm the "brother of the sisters." Anyway I'm sure you were, (probably still are,) wondering why I didn't call :) so... Hope it was a good one.
rach
Thanks for the blog, Daniel. It was so good to see Tony. We are glad that he had the chance to be with some family while he is away. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to blog some pictures of you and your family too.
Rachel, those trees are our front yard. Right now everything around us is beautiful fall colors. It was fun having Tony to visit even the kids were excited. They couldn't wait for him to get here. We were at the game waiting for him and they kept asking when he would be here and when he called to let us know he was parking Shadrach and Albert went to the parking lot to find him. Anyway, I think we convinced him that a return trip with his family is doable and would be fun. So come soon.
Connie
Post a Comment