Wednesday, December 05, 2007
I'm not shot
I've gotten a few calls - I'm safe & sound. I did go shopping but to another mall. I was going to go to that one & I just felt like I should go there later and do my other errands first. So this is a good reminder that when we pray for safety (picture my kids rolling their eyes) that sometimes it really means we'll be safe! For those who don't know, a 19-yr old kid from Bellevue shot 9 people dead at Von Maur in our Westroads Mall. That's the mall my kids & I usually go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH
One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead. August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...
-
An amazing gathering of the Tom and Susan Biggs clan! There were 76 out of 91 of us there. And we really had a great time. Everyone ...
-
The reunion this year was great, as always. It was so relaxing not to be in charge! Jan and Kent were our leaders and they did a great job...
9 comments:
Shauna
Im so glad you blogged because I have been worried about you guys since I heard last night. That is very unnerving that you usually go there and you were planning to go there. But very reassuring that you were lead by the spirit to go somewhere else. So glad you all are safe!
Esther
Thanks for the calls from everyone. It is nice to know that people are thinking about us. Unfortunately, this kind of tragedy can happen anywhere.
He was from Bellevue??? We have even heard about it in Portugal, but they said nothing about Bellevue...thank goodness...or we would have been on the plane home, or to Nebraska, at least. We are so thankful that you are all well and safe. We pray for that blessing every single day and thank the Lord for protecting you. Did Josh know him from school?
He went to a different school, but he lived within our ward boundaries. I have not talked to anyone yet who knew him.
It was good to hear Shauna's voice yesterday. I just saw the headline and was on the phone, so Shauna had to tell me the story. I was shaking when I was listening to her talk. It is amazing how precious life is, and how we forget that. I guess the moral of the story is to always being doing what is right so that when we make the move to the next life it will be a good move. I'm not sure if that made sense, but I'm so glad that you are all safe.
Love, Rebecca
Man without Television and internet for a couple of days you really miss out! Just know if I would have heard about it I would have called too but I had no idea, so I'm glad I didn't hear about it until I also heard that you guys were safe. And that is so true what you say shauna, It could happen anywhere.
Yes, it can happen anywhere, but the people in Portugal think that it is most likely to happen in the United States. That may very well be true, but nevertheless, as much as we love Portugal and the Portuguese, we are homesick for our own country and will be glad to get back to it, even if it is dangerous.
Wow, I didn't know anything about it either. All we watch is little bear and Dora. But I'm glad everything is ok.
I did not realize how close to home this was for you guys! Thomas kept checking all of the news reports to make sure everyone was Ok. I am glad you are!
I know the Lord watches out for us. This is a good reminder of that, and that I can express my gratitude for the daily safety we have enjoyed!
Love you all
Jenn
Post a Comment