Sunday, December 02, 2007
Portugal 12-2-07
Dad is standing on the cliffs in Peniche, our favorite spot to "sea the sea."
Noite familiar (family night). We were playing "Pin the tail on the elephant." The girl in the blindfold is Sandra, the one who was abandoned when she was 4.
Christophe and Cristiana. She turns 17 tomorrow, so it's not quite as bad as I thought. But they are a beautiful couple, aren't they?
When we went to Peniche today, to pick up Sisters, the sea was so stormy and beautiful that I asked Dad to stop so we could video it. This video doesn't really capture it, though, just a suggestion of the beauty and power of our favorite spot to watch the sea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH
One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead. August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...
-
An amazing gathering of the Tom and Susan Biggs clan! There were 76 out of 91 of us there. And we really had a great time. Everyone ...
-
The reunion this year was great, as always. It was so relaxing not to be in charge! Jan and Kent were our leaders and they did a great job...
9 comments:
I don't know what is wrong with the video. It works when I preview the blog, but it doesn't work on the blog...if that makes any sense. Also, I can't seem to make a link of the pictures this week to put on the e-mail. I just figured that anyone who really wants to see them can just see them on the blog.
Is that dad fishing or standing on the edge of the cliff? Looks like you found someone there who's hair is just as silver as dad's.
Thanks for sharing. It is so much fun to see the people that we are sharing you with. Love, Rebecca
Hey mom and Dad it's fun to see you by the sea, We love the ocean too.
Today in church I met an Elder Hiatt from North Carolina. I said What is your parents names he said Kenny and Kathleen I said "oh hmm that does nothing for me." Let me try... do you know a "Rudger Hiatt"? He smiled and said yes he's my great uncle. Talmage is my Grandpa I said no way. Right then someone came to get me to change one of the twinks diapers and I said, can you ask Tony I'm talking to my cousin!! (Tony has been gone for 6 weeks so yes it's okay that I made him change the diaper. but there is 2 babies and he had to change one twice but that same person got Tony everytime. yeah for me.) Anyway Elder Hiatt gave me his mom's email address so I'll drop her a line.
Was Elder Hiatt on a mission is Safford? Was that in 8th Ward that you met him? His dad is Phil's age and Kenny and Phil and Tamela (Kenny's sister) and I were the close cousins on the Hiatt side. Oh my goodness...Kenny's son. That's great.
I take that back. If Rudger is his great uncle, then he must be the grandson, not the son of Talmadge, possibly Kenny's son. That's what you said, wasn't it? You said he was Talmadge's grandson, and I just didn't pay enough attention. It's cool anyway.
I just keep repeating myself. Sorry. Don't worry. I'm not getting Alzheimers, just forever absent minded. Ok. Elder Hiatt is Kenny's son and Kenny is Talmadge's son and Talmadge is Grandpa's brother. You all probably had that straight before I did.
yup you got it. and yes he's on a mission. He's been out for 16 months I told him to come to dinner so we could talk family he sounded excited. should be fun.
Please, please take pictures and send them.
Post a Comment