Sunday, December 23, 2007

Portugal 12-23-07

Here is another picture of the caroling party, with Dad in it. The one I originally blogged didn't have him.

We took a p-day trip to Coimbra to see Carla, from the MTC, and her husband, Eric, who were visiting Portugal. She showed us all around, and we especially enjoyed seeing the famous, ancient University of Coimbra. Here we are eating lunch at a Portuguese restaurant. Dad & I had chicken and mushrooms and they had bacalhau.

The other half of the square in the old part of the University of Coimbra. See below.

The ancient university at Coimbra. It is one of the oldest, if not the oldest, universities in the world, which is still a functioning school. It was built in the early 1200's!

Elder Davis giving me a cheesy grin over the cold turkey with "filhos dos ovos" (grated, sweetened egg yokes) at our Christmas zone conference.

Our Family Night caroling party. Some of us were waiting back at the chapel, making the hot chocolate and watching "Feliz ao Mundo" (Joy to the World).

Elders Davis and Bass and us, with Brother & Sister Carrell, Elder Carrell and his sister, Stephanie. We enjoyed their quick visit. It was good to have our trainer back in our home.

Here are some of our soup kitchen friends, enjoying their Christmas dinner, after the Evangelistas' show. I blogged a video clip of the Evangelistas but for some reason I can't get it to show. Sorry.

1 comment:

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

I never saw this blog before, I love dad's beanie, I know you made it for him last year but it's a classic. the soup kitchen pic is kind of sad because they were there for Christmas.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...