Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day day trip to Roosevelt Lake

Tyson's family go to Roosevelt Lake fairly often and seem to have so much fun, that Dad and I thought it would be fun for us, too. Joel was willing to bring his cool boat and jet skis, and he even rented a huge pontoon boat so that all of us could be on the lake together. We had so much fun! We missed the ones who couldn't be there, but it was really a great time for those who came. The weather was perfect! It was warm, not hot, with a nice breeze. The water was pleasantly cool, not even cold a bit, so the kids enjoyed jumping in and swimming around. If we do this again next year, we will bring more snacks, though.






Mary braided all the girls' hair so the wind wouldn't blow it around.





Dallin was holding Lindsay for Mary while she was getting her other kids ready to go on the lake, then he spied this pole with a hook on it that he must have assumed was intended as a "babysitting hook."


Esther and Shad's family were not able to go, and we missed them, but I got a picture of a "Hippie Car" for Soren.


Here are the two boats we took...Joel's boat in the front and the rented pontoon boat in the back. There was enough room for everyone because we also had the jet skis and two floaters that the boats could pull behind, and there was always someone just swimming around in the lake. I have just put on some of the pictures I took (I couldn't possibly put on all of them, but the one I wish I had but didn't get, was one of Rebecca skiing! Or wakeboarding, if that is what you call it. Everyone was so impressed that she got up, but I didn't see it, so I don't have a picture of that amazing event. I tried to include enough pictures that there is at least a glimpse of everyone who was there. I did get a video of Stetson skiing, so check the bottom of the blog for that.




































































That's either Levi or DeWitt on the ski...or wakeboard...or whatever it's called.









We even got so comfortable with the pontoon boat that we let Lindsay drive! If you look closely, however, you can see Tyson behind her, but she kept pushing his hands off the steering wheel so she could drive it herself.



By 4:00, when we had to return the pontoon boat, everyone was tired and ready to call it a day. We had a great time, though, and everyone said they wanted to do it again next year.


3 comments:

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

Good times with good people, sorry we missed it!

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

It was a blast. we should definately do it again!!!

Esther said...

I keep hearing fun things about the trip. Im sad we weren't there but we will make sure we wont miss next year.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...