Several of our family members have been to France: Joel and Jeremy, every year to commemorate D-Day; Stetson, who has worked with them; Dad, who has been with them a couple of times; Stephanie, who has also gone with them; and Allison and Taylor, who took a quick trip to Europe soon after they were married. Oh, and I think Joel and Stephanie took all their boys there on a vacation before Stetson left on his mission. There may have been others, but I don't know about them. Well, except that Dad and I landed in the airport in Paris on our way to Portugal, but we didn't leave the airport and we didn't love it anyway. I don't think the rest of France is as user unfriendly as the airport.
We have had such beautiful spring weather this month. We had snow in the mountains and flowers in the valley. I took the snowy mountain picture from the parking lot of the Stake Center.
The daffodils by the pool and African Daisies always herald Spring in the Gila Valley. I love them. I even go out of my way to drive by flower-covered lawns.
Every February, I covet the beautiful African daisies I see all around town. Most of them growing among the rocks and dirt and even coming up in the sidewalk cracks. I have even planted seeds a couple of years and still haven't had any luck. I was bemoaning my lack of colorful African daisies, and Dad pointed out to me that I had some this year after all! Two :-]
These beautiful hyacinths started blooming just when the daffodils above faded out. I love the words of John Greenleaf Whittier, and think about them every spring when I see Hyacinths:
If thou of fortune be bereft
and in thy store there be but left
two loaves, sell one, and with the dole,
by hyacinths to feed they soul.
Our February birthdays are as beautiful and as varied as our February weather.
Marlie turned 13 on the 4th. Another fantastic Biggs teenager.
Brianna turned 10 on the 4th.
Lindsay turned 7 on the 12th.
Brock's birthday was the 14th.
Parker turned 20 on the 22nd.
Polly turned 16 on the 26th...a very responsible driver and will also be a very responsible dater, I am sure :->
Bridger turned 11 on the 26th.
Daynen turned 19 on the 28th.
Hannah was one day away from turning 19 on the 28th, but was already there by the next day, March 1st! So at some magical limbo-time between the 28th and the 1st, in the twinkling of an eye, she turned 19. We just received some exciting news about Hannah. Check their family's section.
February has been full of fun activities for our family..and some not-so-fun ones...from birthdays (we have more birthdays in February than any other month) a missionary report, anniversaries, basketball championships, Valentine's Day, elections, performances and parties, to offering family support for cousins, car trouble, business difficulties, and even some sickness.
February started with the Super Bowl, about which Dad and I didn't get excited, but Devynne and Brock were. They were totally sure Seattle would win and I'm sure they were sad that they didn't. Jeremy and Erika's family enjoyed some of the hoopla surrounding the event. Look for pictures in their section. The meeting to reorganize the Thatcher Stake was at the same time as the game, so Thomas' and Mary's families had a totally different Super Bowl Sunday. Tyson was released as 2nd Counselor in his Bishopric and called as 1st Counselor; Mary kept her calling in the Primary Presidency in their ward. Thomas was released as Sunday School President and called as Ward Executive Secretary and Jenn was called as YW secretary.
On the 3rd, we attended Polly's game. They beat the supposedly toughest team in their conference, San Pedro, a school from Tucson. It was close but they came out on top. Exciting game!
The Varsity starters.
Polly's support group.
We went to Mesa the next day, to hear Harrison play a piano solo in Sacrament meeting and to visit Brad. Before we left town, however, we went by Mary's to wish Brianna a "Happy Birthday" and give her her card. What a precious ten-year-old she is. She had her "glow-in-the-dark" birthday party at our house the next day.
Dad and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory because we had a coupon from Joel. We ordered healthy food (they actually do have healthy food). I got a salad and it was so huge that Dad took a picture of it. This was after I had eaten all I could eat, too! I took the rest to the condo and ate it for lunch the next day.
The next day, Joel had to go to Youth Conference in Superior and he talked Stephanie into going with him. That left Crew on his own at home as Docker was at Youth Conference and Stetson and Levi were in Utah visiting girls. So, Dad and I took him to breakfast and then to hang out with Bridger until his folks got home that afternoon.
Brad is slowly but surely getting better...with two steps forward and one step backward. He has had some scary visits to the hospital, even after he had gone home, and has now had his crushed knee repaired. He is hopeful that he can move on with his therapy and learn how to live and manage as a paraplegic. Thank you all so much for your contributions to help Brad and Theresa with all their major adjustments relating to his paralysis...their house, their car, career, everything.
While we were in Mesa, Esther asked Dad to visit her preschool as "Farmer Tom." He helped the kids plant some beans and taught them about how things grow. He did a great job and thoroughly enjoyed it. He even called Esther several times to see how the beans were growing.
On Sunday, we attended Sacrament meeting with their family, where Harrison played "Be Still, My Soul." Oh my goodness, he was so good! He's only been playing the piano for 3 years and already plays better than his piano teacher! I snuck this picture when I thought Dad wasn't looking. After church, they invited us to have dinner with them. It was delicious... roast and Shad potatoes...need I say more?
That evening, we went by Jeremy and Erika's house to visit. We had no idea of the surprise that awaited us. After we visited a while and were about ready to leave, Reygan showed us this portrait she had made of Grandpa Hiatt. She took it from a photo she had of him and her together at the anniversary reunion in June. I was so touched. He looks happy and alert and still my wonderful Daddy. What talent that she was able to capture his personality in her portrait. I'm thankful that she opted to choose her great Grandpa for her first "draw someone you know" portrait. I've been bugging her to choose someone she knows to draw instead of always unknown people she finds on line, but she was reluctant because she wasn't sure she could get a perfect likeness. Wow! I hope she is no longer reluctant. This is beautiful!
After we got home from Mesa, everyone gathered at our house to watch Thomas use his artistic computer expertise, and Rachel use her artistic talent to create this campaign poster for DeWitt who ran for student body president at EAC. Rachel took his picture and insisted on purple, and Thomas put it all together in a classy way. DeWitt won in the Primary, but, in spite of his terrific poster, was barely edged out in the general election by a Udall girl from Round Valley.
On the 12th, Lindsay had said she wanted an artist birthday, so she asked me to come over and help her and her friends, a group of 6 and 7-year-olds to do a painting they could be proud of and could take home. I stewed about it for a while and finally came up with what I thought would work. Below her invitation is the result. What do you think? They did pretty well, didn't they?
The next weekend, we went to Mesa again. In case you are wondering about our Sunday School class of 15 and 16 year-olds with our missing so many Sundays, we asked if they could join the 16 and 17-year-old class for two Sundays. In March, we are going to be studying The Atonement. I'm excited for those lessons. We learn as much as the kids do.
Because we weren't going to be home on Valentine's Day, Dad gave me my pink roses early. I love them. And I love him.
We also received a picture text from Brock showing us that he received his birthday card. His bday is Valentine's Day and he waited until then to open it. Since he isn't used to me, I didn't feel like I could say, "open it now! I want to see you see it."
We had lunch with Joel and Stephanie and Stetson and Levi at PF Chang as soon as we arrived,
and dinner that night with Esther and Shad at Brio's. They were on their way to the Gilbert Temple and Brio's is on the way. As we drove past the Apple Store, I happily waved, knowing I didn't have a reason to see the geniuses for a change.
We stopped at Winco, a store Dad has fallen in love with, and after we made our purchases, I just had to take a picture of this girl's hair. We saw her walk out, later, and she didn't look hippy-ish or anything, just a normal-type mom with hair she could step on.
The next day, Valentine's Day, we ate at El Charro with Jeremy and Erika and their family. That dark glass lens behind Jeremy's shoulder is Erika. He took a selfie and we just barely got us all in. Reygan was babysitting the little girl Jeremy is holding.
After lunch, we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma. Lisa and Deon were their caregivers. They were staying at Nancy's house for the weekend while Nancy and Dale, along with Jan and Kent, Karen and Mike, and Karl and Diana were enjoying a Mexican weekend at Karl's condo in Rocky Point. They invited us too, but we would rather stay and hear Levi's report. Sorry Karl. Lisa and Deon had just been to Mexico two weeks before, so they offered to stay and take care of the parents.
That beautiful Mexican sunset is just what I was trying to get those 7-year-olds to create. I probably shouldn't have said that because now you can see how totally I failed!
On Sunday, we attended Sacrament Meeting at Joel and Stephanie's ward. Levi gave a great talk, so well prepared and spiritual. He has grown into a very mature, well-spoken man. Here, on the stand, are Levi, Joel, and Steph at the organ. When I sneaked a picture of Harrison the previous week, Dad was appalled that I would take a picture in church. So I had decided not to risk it for Levi's talk. Imagine my surprise when Dad said, "aren't you going to take a picture?" So I barely crept the phone above the pew and snapped a couple ;-]
After church, we went to their house for a delicious luncheon of Joe's Barbecue and Stephanie's luscious home-made salads. We enjoyed visiting with everyone, Biggs and Layton alike. Toward the end, Joel and Stephanie finally sat down and Stephanie sighed, "Oh, that feels good!" We can all relate, can't we?
The next day was Presidents' Day, so Rachel, Thomas and Jenn, and Mary and I took their kids to Clawson's park to play. It was perfect weather and they have the perfect spot for families. In fact, I think we will have our Thanksgiving dinner there this year. I have asked Rachel to reserve it. In case the weather is bad, we will also reserve a church, but November is usually gorgeous. We are thinking that Thanksgiving would be a good time to have our reunion this year. Just keeping it simple.
While we were at Clawson's Dad and Thomas were at Rachel's fixing the sticky gear in the Dodge.
On the 19th, the Hiatt family gathered in Florence to give loving support to Laura Cutchen, who was being sentenced for a DUI that had occurred last year. She has served some time on drug-related charges but has been drug-free for this past year. She has been working hard to reconnect with her family, especially her children, but because she had "priors" she has to serve a mandatory sentence. The judge had the option to give her the maximum prison time of two and a half years or the minimum of one and a half years. We hoped by showing him that she has the support of her family and that we believe in her, he would give her the minimum sentence. Thankfully, that is just what happened. Charlie Naegle eloquently pleaded her case, Laura read a moving statement that she had written and the judge was impressed with those and with her family support. Joel and Erika came from the Mesa area and Rebecca, Rachel, Mary (and Alex) and I came from the Gila Valley to represent the Biggs family. Jenn babysat Jared so Mary could go. And Esther was home with some really sick kids. I can't even remember everyone who was there, but we filled up the gallery. The Bailiff wanted to know if there was a serious case of murder or something going on that so many people were there. When Charlie said it was a DUI, the Bailiff laughed and said, "All these people for a DUI???"
As we came out of the courthouse, we took a picture with some of us who were standing around.
Mary drove her van and Rebecca and Rachel took care of Alex in the back seat. They were laughing so hard and telling us how cute he was. To see what they were laughing about, check the "Something to make you smile" section at the end.
The next day, the 20th, was a Brinton cousin reunion. I really should have gone since I was already in Florence, but I thought it was Saturday instead of Friday and I didn't want to go home and then come down again the next day. I got in trouble for not going, though. And I was sorry to miss the new Clem and Odessa. I hear they were great!
On Saturday, the 21st, we went to Kirtlyn's basketball game in Thatcher. She got to play quite a bit and even made the last shot of the game. It wasn't a narrow win, though. Kirtlyn's team won by 24 to 8, or something like that.
It was such a sunny, beautiful day that Rachel's and Thomas' kids came over to swim after Kirtlyn's game. It was nice to see the pool being used by someone other than me!
That evening, Polly had a tournament game against Snowflake at the Thatcher High School. Wow!! I have to say, I have never seen such a physical, intense, exciting girls' (or boys' ) game in my life! Safford played a great game, but Snowflake was right on with their 3-pointers, so that by the half, even though we had made more baskets, Snowflake was 15 or so points ahead. But, I'll tell you what, when Safford came out after the half, they were loaded for bear. They went after the Snowflake team and in the last few seconds, tied up the game. In overtime, just to show you how intense it was, when they still had 3 minutes and 21 seconds of their 4-minute overtime, they already had 9 fouls each! (Look at the scoreboard!) And they weren't just girlie fouls either. We had girls sliding across the floor left and right! In the end, though, Safford prevailed and won the game 68-65!!
On Tuesday, the 24th, I went to Enrichment. It's funny, we used to call it homemaking, but when they changed it to Enrichment, I just couldn't get used to calling it that. Then they changed it to...I don't even know what...but I call it Enrichment. Anyway, it was a service project for the missionaries. Everyone was supposed to bring something like a meal in a bag or cleaning or personal hygiene supplies, so I brought a couple of El Charro cards. They were thrilled to get them. In fact, when I left, everything everyone had brought was still on the table ( I guess the leaders were going to pack them up for the Elders) but they had taken the El Charro cards themselves.
Sitting around the table with me are: Susan Christensen Meier, Tasha Sabin Curtis, Hailey Rivero, Kim McCumber, Caryn Peterson, Brenda Harris
Mary and Tyson and their family brought Roman Holiday over to share with us on the 27th. We were planning to discuss our dream vacation, courtesy of Edward Jones and Mary and Tyson. Dad wants to go to Yosemite and I want to go to Hawaii. Mary and Tyson won't say what they want. Anyway, it was a stalemate, but we didn't get to resolve it because Tyson's parents came by to practice a song with Mary, who is going to sing and Tyson's aunt's funeral on Thursday. She's singing Always, and they want her to give it the Patsy Cline touch! See her section.
Dad is showing the kids what we are giving each other for Mothers' and Fathers' Days...playground equipment! We are so excited!
On Saturday, the 28th, I drove down to the Mt. Graham building to see what Rachel was doing to prepare for the Tri-stake Mormon Prom that Safford hosted. They were going Hollywood! I was very impressed and I didn't even see it finished. You can see more pictures in Rebecca's and Rachel's sections.
The Twins kept things lively and were there when I got there. Rebecca and Polly had been to Phoenix to Polly's basketball game and got there just as I was leaving. They were impressed too.

NEWS FROM AROUND THE FAMILY
NATHAN AND SHAUNA
Nathan and Josh and Hannah are planning a trip to AZ from March 23rd to the 27th. They will be in Safford on the evening of the 23rd, stay the 24th and go to Mesa on the 25th. They will fly home on the 27th. A whirlwind trip, to be sure, but we can hardly wait. They'll enjoy our gorgeous March weather, I hope, because...
...Omaha has had a very Nebraska February. Bethany took this picture from her apartment on a cold, snowy day. A perfect day for the comfort of warm juice spaghetti.
At a cousin's birthday party
Josh on his front lawn...Maybe he thinks he's still in AZ?
Josh the Preservationist buildings.
Josh and some single friends spending a guys-only Valentine's Day.
That night, though, they had a speed dating activity in their singles' ward.
Bethany and Palmer went snowboarding and out to eat for Valentine's Day.
Hannah's special friend from BYU I came to surprise her for Valentine's Day. I think they had a good time, but she had to tell him then that she had definitely decided to go on a mission and had already completed her papers. She had an interview with the stake president on Sunday, the 22nd and face-timed us to tell us the good news. Her papers are complete and she is just waiting, now, to hear where she will serve. She plans to go through the Temple just as soon as she can. She is so excited and so are we! Fortunately, I had already made her apron. As soon as I heard she had a boyfriend at college, I thought I had better get her apron ready...I'm glad I did.
Hannah and friends went to lunch to on the 28th to celebrate her 19th birthday which on the 28th/29th
JOEL AND STEPHANIE
Stetson, Levi and Docker celebrating the Super Bowl with some Layton cousins.
Levi and his best friends are finally all together again.
It looks as if he is getting back into the social life with some friends.
We went over to visit on Saturday before Levi's talk in church and they were all busy getting their back yard in picture-perfect order. They were forced to sit down and relax a minute because we were there ;-)
More luncheon pictures.
Now that all the boys are home, they all crowd together into the back seat...true brotherly love!
Joel and Stephanie took the boys to Disneyland during the last week in February. I don't think Stetson went with them, probably couldn't get away from school...or girls...I don't know which. Crew had never been, so he was loving it.
In fact, it looks as if only Levi and Crew were enjoying this trip. I'm sure that's not true though. Smile, Joel and Docker!
Joel has had to contend with a music licensing company who is coming down hard on all the schools who participate in their festivals for modifying the music they use in their shows. It will cost a lot of money and may cost them some schools who otherwise would participate but can't afford the additional licensing costs. It's a headache. And just one of the business woes our family is facing.
DANIEL AND CONNIE
Devynne and Brock celebrated their engagement anniversary, Valentine's Day and Brock's birthday with a trip to Ocean Shores. Besides horse-back riding, they also had fishing, so Brock was happy.
I have two pictures of Shadrach that I have absolutely no explanation for but they are very interesting, nevertheless.
Shannyn's New Beginnings. What a lovely little Mulan!
Daniel and Connie have been cleaning out and fixing up their house to get ready to sell it. They have found a house that they love and have made an offer, which hasn't as yet been either accepted or rejected. It's a beautiful home on 7(?) acres, bordered by 7 more acres of BLM land. There is a river running through the property as well, so as far as Daniel is concerned, that's more important than the 9 bedrooms!
Just a few shots of the inside. I probably didn't even get the best ones. But you can see the beautiful wood and tile floors, and tons of cupboard space in the kitchen...something that Connie has really needed and will love.
Letter to Shadrach from BYU
Shannyn, Analynn, Emma and Jonathan were waiting for their parents at the storage building and got bored, so they are yelling at each other through the drainage pipes! :-D
REBECCA AND SCOTT
DeWitt is also socially adjusting to being an RM.
But, at least for now, his favorite girl is still his mom!
Who, by the way, seems to have terrifying experiences on her walks. After her dog-attack, she now has encountered javelina! She was smart enough to take their picture from a safe distance, though.
This picture is of Polly's team after they won the sectionals...before the knock-down-drag-out battle with Snowflake.
With their coaches...and gorgeous stat taker :->
For Valentine's Day, Allison and Taylor went hiking at La Grande, OR. It doesn't even look that cold, does it? She, Taylor and Brock and Devynne are both such adventurous couples and somewhat close together in proximity. They really need to plan an adventure together.
Now, that looks cold! Dallin and Sara were doing a snow-shoveling service project.
More pictures after Polly's game with Snowflake.
Ok. That was for regionals. These next pictures are when they went to quarter finals in Glendale. It was Polly's 16th birthday. What a way to celebrate! They won!
Her fan club. They went all the way to Glendale to watch. Lillian, their stat taker, wasn't able to go because she has already started tennis and had two matches to play. They were away games, though, so I don't have pictures, but I think she won.
Dad was able to get the semi final game against Tuba City on his iPad and air played it so we could all see. We got it just in time to see Polly make a 3 pointer! It was a tough game and they almost had it but lost it in a heartbreaker during the last few seconds. Zoom in on the picture in the paper. It's Polly brawling for the ball!
Here are some pictures of the Mormon Prom. Safford hosted it this year, so they had the responsibility of almost everything. Pima did food and Thatcher did posters, but Safford did the rest...and according to Rebecca, that meant Rachel. Rebecca was so involved in the basketball finals and was out of town until just before the dance, so Rachel did her thing.
Rebecca said that her YW presidency did not all plan to wear black, it just happened!
Lillian with Kimball Smith, Craig Smith's son.
Polly with Darius Martindale...her first date!
Rebecca and Scott! Aren't they so gorgeous?
Lillian and Polly with Josh Nolan an admirer from Wilcox.
JEREMY AND ERIKA
The Jeremy and Erika family had fun with the Superbowl celebration in town.
Erika finished her Behavioral health rotation, which I am so glad for because she had to go all the way to Avondale to work in a mental hospital. Now she is a little closer at Good Samaritan, doing an internal medicine rotation.
A couple of beautiful drawings by our artist granddaughter.
This is so well done, that I love it, even though I don't love the subject. Look at those eyebrows! Looks like real hair.
Ellie's Valentine box.
An 20-year anniversary ring, 40th birthday ring, for Erika, and she says the diamond will come when she graduates from PA school.
Reygan the Riveter. During WWII, Rosie the Riveter was a popular icon for women doing the work of men who were fighting the war. Reygan's pose reminds me of the posters I have seen of Rosie.
Daynen sent these pictures of his town in Brazil and of his bathroom. Mostly, he says, they don't have running water in the shower, so they stand in the shower and pour a bucket of water over their heads. It works fine, he says.
Reygan posted this picture in honor of Daynen's 19th birthday on the 28th.
RACHEL AND TONY
They go to support Polly as often as they can.
The twins helping Grandpa pick his salad veggies. We have all really been enjoying fresh, healthy salads from this square-foot garden.
Tony just got his new carwash up and running and a drunk driver crashed into it, shutting it down for a while!
Valentine's Day at the Alders...Chocolate and flowers.
Rachel and Tony's 19th anniversary was the 16th of February.
Luke's Scout hike.
I'm so glad Isabel posts once in a while. Otherwise, I would only have the one of her sleeping on our couch. Rylie brings her by in the mornings at 6:45 to wait until school starts. Then Dad takes her to school. Rylie has a 7:00 class at EAC so she brings Issy on her way.
Rachel is feeling the joy that comes with children still young enough to want to cuddle with their mommy. They almost look like triplets! You can see where they got their good looks.
Family Home Evening dancing lessons and how to make homemade frosting.
Rachel decorated the Mormon Prom Hollywood style, practically all by herself. Mary went over yesterday and helped her make the shiny black pillars you see next to the gold tinsel, and the YM presidency came by and strung wire and did some of the high things she couldn't reach. Also, Thomas set up the projector to show "Fred Astaire's Royal Wedding all through the dance. It looks amazing! I'm sure the kids felt so special that someone went to so much work just for them.
There was a red carpet all the way from the parking lot and into the entry. You wouldn't even recognize it as the foyer of a Mormon church! It looks like Hollywood to me! Rachel even had Isabel and some of her friends (see below) be paparazzi, and Tony taking care of parking valet service.
They showed a Fred Astaire movie during the dance.
Rylie and Grae Hargis.
Rachel and Tony. They're gorgeous too!
ESTHER AND SHAD
In spite of a few scary sick days, Esther's family has had a good month. Esther took Marlie and some of her friends to the cabin to celebrate her 13th birthday.
These are pictures from Miss Esther's preschool. Bubbles and vegetable stamping.
Farmer Tom
Esther and Marlie out to lunch with Case, the baby she takes care of every day.
Marlie had a choir concert at her school.
Esther's YW's New Beginnings was "Embark...(something)" At first, I thought these were nurses, but they are wearing sailor hats, Gilligan's Island style, not nurse hats.
We went by on Valentine's Day and took the kids some "Toadally" yummy Valentine's candy.
Brody was really sick for about two weeks before the doctors were able to diagnose pneumonia and a double ear infection! On the same day, Marlie was so sick with strep/tonsillitis. Soren had a school program that Esther had to miss because Brody and Marlie were sick, but he was a trouper.
Bridger was able to go on his first 11-year-old campout even though it was a few days before his birthday and he was so excited! However, between dust and grass in the field, he had a severe asthma-like attack that closed up his airways and he had to be rushed to the ER. He could hardly breathe but was still whispering "I want to go back!"
His birthday was on the 26th, turning 11. He was better by then.
THOMAS AND JENN
Thomas has been elected as Graham County Chamber of Commerce President. The Courier posted this picture of him taking charge of a breakfast meeting. El Charro is also facing some issues. The city is planning to tear up the street and sidewalks along Main Street in front of El Charro so that customers won't be able to park or go in the front door until they are done. Thomas has advertised a "curb side service" for any customer who can't get in. That will start in March, I think.
Thomas is the Safford Stake YW go-to guy for technological design. T-shirts, posters, handouts, whatever it is, his sisters think he can do it...and he can. He makes the classiest designs you can imagine. They came over to make DeWitt's campaign posters.
Henry, watching Boxtrolls on his device while his mom swims. Jenn takes advantage of our heated pool and tries to swim about twice a week.
Blue candy, blue teeth.
Valentine's Day flowers.
They came over on Presidents Day to share some hamburgers with us.
Oh the joy of yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting!
Kirtlyn's basketball team got to attend an EAC Lady Monsters' game and go back to the locker room and get autographs.
MARY AND TYSON
Brianna had a "Glow in the dark" party at our house for her 10th birthday. It was in the basement and they watched a movie among other things. We were in Mesa.
Alex, at 5 1/2 pounds, 7 pounds and now at about 11 pounds. Good job, Alex! It's no wonder he's gaining weight...see the "smile about" section.
Lindsay's artist 7th birthday party.
Valentine's Day at the Richins'
Their first family picture since Alex joined the fam.
They, too, are getting their house cleaned out and fixed up, and ready to sell.
Haircuts! Even Lindsay's long, long hair. they really look cute.
It sounded like Patsy Cline to me!
OUR MISSIONARIES
Parker and Daynen with investigators.
SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT
Posted by Ellie on her door. It's a note we all need on our personal space.
Soren and Bridger don't wait for school to declare an official "crazy hair day."
Alex's first taste of candy! Rebecca and Rachel were trying to keep him happy while his mom was driving us from Florence. It worked! Look at his expressions! Hey, Where has this been all my life? And I thought milk was all there was!!!
Another eventful month has come and gone. We have enjoyed spending time with as many of you as we could. Maybe in March we can see some of the ones we missed in February. Dad and I are basically professional grandparents and we love it. We had a lesson in Relief Society and Priesthood last Sunday from a talk by Elder Oakes, I think, about being a leavening influence on others, influencing them for good and maybe even bringing them the Gospel. In order to do that I will have to change my life. I don't even know any nonmembers. Between family and church and Temple, all I ever see are faithful members. Dad does better at that than I do. He suggested I volunteer at the hospital auxiliary or maybe I could do Meals on Wheels. The problem is that I don't have time. That's a selfish thing to say, isn't it? I need to make time. So maybe, in the future, (sometime in the future) I will be including pictures of me or us, leavening away.

.jpg)



































































































4 comments:
A another fantastic job! All of you will get there when the time will come that you just sit and look at pictures and stories like this that will bring back "saudades" for the family. Those are Pres. Monson's "...roses in the Winter of our lives".
I love reliving, and seeing what everyone else is up to! Thanks for all your hard work Mom.
Another busy month! You guys are professional grandparents for sure!!!
love it all, thanks for keeping us all in the know mom!!
Post a Comment