
Here is Tommy the Turtle. He lives in a pool by our front door. He doesn't even notice when we leave in the mornings, but he is always out to welcome us when we come home. We've gotten to be quite good friends...he doesn't scurry back into his pool anymore when we go by.

Dad is standing in front of one of the nicer apartment buildings in Caldas. Notice the wash hanging out of the windows. There must not be a dryer in Caldas, maybe in Portugal, except at lavandarias (laundramats).
We went to the gypsy feira (market) before going out to find some of the inactive members. Notice the farmer with his tractor and wife in the foreground. Guess who we saw at one of the booths? Irma Maria Naterscia. She's the one who wore black. She's a gypsy, I guess. href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2967/3348/1600/CIMG1427_edited.4.jpg">

We stopped at McDonald's after the gypsy feira with the Elders, before we went "Less Active hunting." One of the Elders said, "After being in Portugal, I will never make fun of McDonald's again!"
4 comments:
So fun to see where you are and what your doing. So thats Tommy the turtle. Fun. Does McDonalds taste the same there as it does here? I bet its a real treat to get McDonalds every once and a while. Oh who am I kidding its a treat for us when we go here. :)
Dad, you're so cute in your hat!!!
I agree with Mary! I'm so glad we can keep in touch this way. I feel like I'm with you all, thats why I spend so much time on here. Love and miss you grandma and grandpa.
-Devynne
How do you say Big Mac in portugease(sp)?
Does Bill Konoponiki(sp) own that McDees too?
- Daniel
Post a Comment