Monday, September 11, 2006

A message from the CO Biggs Chamber of Commerce...Recruitment Center


In answer to mom's question, we are not actively recruiting people to come live here per se although we would not be sad if they did. What we want is people to see this as a great place for a visit. In answer to Rebecca's request, I stood on our back deck and took pictures in a bunch of directions hoping to give you some idea what it looks like here. Above is a picture looking south east toward red mountain. Between Red Mountain and us is the Colorado river and at the left point of the mountain as it slopes toward the ground is where the Roaring Fork (out of Aspen and Snowmass) and Colorado Rivers meet, both full of trout. The boys and I have been down there quite a bit this summer and the fishing is good. I've even tried my hand at fly fishing and I can see why it is an addiction.

Looking North. Jeremy has called this a foothill instead of a mountain and he is right. Immediately behind it is an 11 - 13k foot plateau that extends for many miles and is Colorado's largest snow watershed and hundereds of natural lakes that are only accessable by 4 wheel drive. That grassy area at the base between the 'foothill' and our house is where the elk gather after snow and where all year long, the deer pass every night and every morning. I think everyone who has visited has seen the deer pass through the yard. Also a cool thing is exactly over the point of this mountain is the north star every night.

The same 'foothill' looking north east.

Looking east over the valley where downtown Glenwood Springs is and my hospital. The ridge on the left side is the one that has the tram to the top tons of fun and even extreme things to do. The kids love that mountain.

Albert with Snow and Storm running up the back yard to the north.

Porter and Parker on the deck sitting like old men in the rocking chairs that we picked up when we went to Branson. Porter is holding Emma.

Rebecca, hope these give you some frame of reference...Thanks - Daniel

4 comments:

Esther said...

Okay Okay we'll move there. Ready or not here we come. Really though, its beautiful and seems like a really nice place to live.

Evans Family said...

Excellent!!!
I felt like I was actually there sitting on your deck. It's beautiful, I really do hope that we will stop being so buisy and come for a visit. I can't believe how close that is to your dream Daniel. Thanks again for the pictures they were awesome,
Love, Rebecca

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Daniel, reading that Blog sounded like a brochure "there at the foot hills are where the deer gather..."
You should be a writer, along with your regular job and Fish'n!

Mom & Dad said...

Dad was interested in your commnent about fly fishing and wants to know if Parker has tied any flies.
I want to know how you think sending gorgeous pictures like those is not "recruiting per se?"

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...