Sunday, September 03, 2006

NE Biggs (NE means Nebraksa)

Hi everybody!

I have been enjoying your blogging, but had to wait until I had my own account. My picture isn't showing up for some reason, but I'll try to get it worked out.

Here's our news:
Nathan is stressed. He hurt his shoulder months ago & finally is going to the doctor this week. His job is not going well. He's prayed & we're supposed to stay here (go down with the ship?). We don't get it, but otherwise we would've moved awhile ago. So it's back to pinching pennies, literally.

Nathan flew out to UT to attend the temple wedding of one of his singles. While there, Eric's parents accused him of being the soruce of all their problems. (They aren't members & not supportive.) So that put a damper on his trip.

He also is hit & miss on his heart medicine, so if he dies of a heart attack in the near future, you'll know why.

Joshua is having a tough year - new seminary teacher, all his best friends moved, & he doesn't have a date to Homecoming. (He also hasn't asked anyone.) He loves his new Singers teacher, though. They are singing Verde's Requiem. He is working on getting his license, but isn't too motivated because he won't have a car at his disposal. Such is the life of the unemployed...

Bethany made Swing Choir. She practices most mornings from 7:30-8:30 before school. She says it's good practice for getting up early for seminary next year. She got a colonoscopy; they found a polyp, but it wasn't cancerous. Her best friend decided not to move to OK with her mom, so she is ecstatic.
She was sick last week with a bad cold, but only missed one day.
She is Beehive Pres. She has a bunch of "hot" guys at her school. (Taylor is her current crush. He is tall, blue eyes, and left-handed like her.)

Hannah is very busy. She is in orchestra, chorus, and video announcements. (She tapes and writes the news for school.) She loves anything to do with reading, writing, cleaning, and music. She is saving for bunkbeds and has it all except tax, which her dad owes her for chores. She made Mini-Singers for Omaha Schools (city-wide select choir for 5-8 graders). She practices once a week, and we just bought her uniform.

I have been doing my never-ending spring cleaning (now that it's almost fall). So far I got my laundry room & kitchen done. Hannah decided to move upstairs. I had just moved all my sewing stuff in, but her room downstairs is bigger. So now I have that to do again. I have canned peaches, beans, beef, and syrup. Tommorrow I'm doing sweet & sour sauce with our garden tomatoes. We didn't have a great garden because we neglected it. (We're a little stressed out.) But we did get raspberries, strawberries, squash, watermelon, & cantalope.

We had a party for our old bishop who is moving to OK. It is very sad. All of our good friends have moved. That's what happens in our military ward.

Anyway, that's long enough...
Just wanted to let you know we're alive, if not well.
Shauna

6 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

It's great to hear from you guys. We hope to see you all here for Thanksgiving if it works out for you. It's cooling off here too and like a switch, on September 1st the Fall colors started to appear on the mountains in every direction...very Thanksgiving like...

We absolutely loved visiting you all this summer. It was one of the true hilights of our trip.

The CO Biggs.

Mom & Dad said...

It was so good to hear from you. We will write a longer reply on your e-mail addresses that Nathan sent yesterday. We are on our way to a district meeting. But I just couldn't let this good letter go totally unanswered. We love you.
Tom and Susan

Evans Family said...

Hey guys, it was good to hear from you. Daniel & Connie and Company raved and raved about the time they had with you in July, it would be so cool to come and see you. Scott retired from BLM and he is trying his hand in developing. We have good ideas, but nothing has really happened yet, so I know the stress that, that brings.
I hope all turns out good and tell Nathan to take his medicine!!!!!
Love, Rebecca

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Hi Nathan Biggs Family!
Its good to hear from you. Hope things get better, if not bearable. I can relate to the whole Josh thing. Boys are so weird!Ha ha. I wonder if they'll ever get it. Keep us updated.
Love Steph

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Shauna
You sound like your garden did pretty well to me! If I grow it will you come and can it?
Love steph

Esther said...

Good to hear from the NE Biggs. Bethany, you didn't get my Birthday package?? That gets me mad because it was expensive to send that huge package full of everything that would make you happy. Maybe next year the postal service will get it right. :)

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...