Aloha peoples. I made CATS. It stands for Cougars Are Too Smart. Cougars are our mascot. This is our drug-awareness team. We just made gift bags with a note and Smarties in it for 704 people.
Of course I love my bell choir because it is taught by my chorus teacher. Josh & Bethany tried out, too, but I was lucky.
In Art we are studying the Mound Builders. You have probably never heard of them. They're like Southern America pyramids. The civilizations buried their dead kings with many of their possessions, like a pendant with a snake's head on it. Many of the mounds were in the shape of a snake. Stay tuned for more information.
Aloha, Hannah
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH
One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead. August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...
-
An amazing gathering of the Tom and Susan Biggs clan! There were 76 out of 91 of us there. And we really had a great time. Everyone ...
-
The reunion this year was great, as always. It was so relaxing not to be in charge! Jan and Kent were our leaders and they did a great job...
4 comments:
Hannah, I am so impressed that you are already learning about the mound builders. I didn't learn about them until I was taking an anthropology class in college!
Grandma
Wow Hannah
I didn't even know what the mound builders were. Thanks for explaining. Don't get too discouraged about being left out of the family. It also has its benefits as well. I know you don't see those but there are good things about being away from everything. Know that everyone still loves you and don't hate Nebraska!
There actually are several books written about the mound builders on the theory that they are evidence of the Nephites and that Lehi actually landed in Southern Miss or at the Missisipi Delta then migrated north. Joseph Smith even wrote a letter to Emma as they traveled through the mound region saying that he and his company were walking through the same land the nephites inhabited. Something to think about...Maybe central America isn't the place where the Book of Mormon took place...Anyway, congratulations on the Bell Chorus. If you record any music at Christmas time, I'll buy a CD... - Daniel
Oh , yes I do Aunt Esther!!!!
Post a Comment