Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Rocky Mountain Thanksgiving

We have been having fun in Colorado. Wish you were all here. Daniel and his family have been very gracious and accommodating. The weather has been absolutely delightful, except that there is no snow for playing in. That is a little disappointing for the two families that enjoy having snow.


Hannah had to pull the coat off of Parker's face so that he would get his picture taken. Shannyn and Analynn have been following Hannah around, the boys have been having fun playing "NACHO" with Joshua (a lot like HORSE with basketball, but since we just watched Nacho Libre, everything has a little Latino flare around here). Oh...and Bethany and Devynne have been practicing their 13 year old skills.



Josh and Shadrach having bagels for breakfast.



This is funny, because Hannah is the surprise stick pull champion of the family. She was even able to pull Parker two times out of three. The boys all seem to be upset that little Hannah can whup them in stick pull. I told her that Brother Joseph would be proud of her.



We had the (Latino) missionaries over for Thanksgiving dinner. They were fun. We had plenty of food. Daniel even smoked a turkey (on the grill). It turned out very tasty. I even made Daniel try pecan pie for the first time in his life. I don't know if he had any more than the little bit I gave him. We have also been having significant tradition interpretation dialogue. I think that we have remembered selective traditions from our common youth. We came up with enough for each of us to be satisfied.





Daniel and Connie's house is already getting festive for the Christmas season. We have been listening to Christmas carols on a giant snow globe all day. Parker has been trying to get people to turn it off because it was annoying (I tended to agree with Parker), but everyone else wanted it, so...

Well, we hope you are all having a great day. Maybe you can join us for the next family holiday gathering.

Nathan

4 comments:

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

You all look so great! Looks like you had a good time!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Esther said...

I just ached for family this year! Oh how I wish that I could have been there talking about family traditions with you. It looks like a great time. Great pictures.

Nathan said...

Hey, Esther...why don't we plan some kind of gathering in Ol Miss?

Mom & Dad said...

What traditions did you disagree on? Let us know and we will tell you who is right!!! We are so glad you got together. And thank you, thank you, Nathan for taking and sending pictures.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...