


Happy Birthday Scott!
You know, I always have fun looking for photos of people for their birthdays. With everyone else, you get this big "before and after" effect (most of us put on a few pounds in the after pictures). Anyway, I don't think you ever change. You always look the same, if not better.
One of my earliest memories of you is when Joel and I took both halves of the duplex on University, and you and Rebecca were living in the condos on Brown. We were in the same stake, but different wards. Anyway, your ward team played ours in basketball one time (do you remember this?). All I remember is that you personally destroyed our team and put Joel and me in our places in the pecking order of family basketball talent (I think that I have been continually moving down the list since then).
You have been great to have in the family. Your determination to get things done is amazing (and honestly, a little tiring to just to even watch). Thanks for being a great husband to my sister.
I hope you have a great day.
Nathan
13 comments:
Happy Birthday, Enjoy the day and know just how valuable you are! We have great respect for you and the strengths you have! You and Rebecca are just right together and you have the most wonderful kids!
Great Job
Jenn Biggs and family
Happy Birthday, Scott. I remember when you and Rebecca first laid eyes on each other, (you were sitting on the stand in our ward, getting ready to speak, and she was sitting by us in the congregation) I could feel the electricity jumping between you. I kept looking at her to see if she was watching you and I never caught her at it, but I felt it nevertheless. And that has been an enduring quality of your relationship...electricity. What a blessing to both of you to still be so much in love! Thank you for being such a go-getter and taking such good care of our daughter and our precious grandchildren. You are truly amazing. We are glad you're on our team...referring back to Nathan's comment. We love you, Scott. Tom & Susan
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT! How old are you? -- That's what I thought! Wow, you age pretty well! Have a great day and enjoy the embarrassing blog today!
Scott
I remember lots of fun memories with you too. Going through McDonalds drive through and you speaking spanish so that they would have to go get someone to understand you and then you speaking english at the window. You putting a sign on baby Allison saying something like "I want ice cream" and putting her on the counter at Dairy Queen. You, Becca, Thomas and I driving to El Paso in the middle of the night listening to John Denver and you amazingly sleeping and driving at the same time. All of us sitting in the Dairy Queen in El Paso with bullet wholes in the glass singing "Christmas is coming Rebecca's getting fat, please put a penny in old Scott's hat." Becca was pregnant with Dallin by the way. Anyway, lots of fun memories. I hope you have a wonderful day and maybe you will take the day easy and get up at 5:00 in the morning instead of 4:00. Happy Birthday Scott.
#7
Happy Birthday! I too, love the way you are to Rebecca. She and the kids could be the only people on the earth and you would be the happiest man in the world. You're incredibly ambitious and work really hard to give your family anything they need or want. Allison and I were watching you at Dallins B-day party. I said "why is it that he doesn't age?" She laughed and said "I know he still fits into his mission clothes."
Have a GREAT day!
Rachel
Happy Birthday Scott. Rachel is right...you don't really age. I'll have a pint of what you're having.
Tony
Well I too have good memores...I take full credit for you being in the family since I am the one who told you that Rebecca wanted to marry you. And I won't ever let you forget the infamous broken arm incident. Although we have different stories as to who was at fault...(I think the two responsible adults jumping on the trampoline with the 5yr old little girl) but you brought me a stuffed animal so all it forgiven. You are an awesome guy Scott you take such good care of your family and you are a fun husband and dad. I remember one time I was at your house and you told Rebecca "Hey I've got $50 in my pocket wanna go on a date?" (I can't remember how much it was) But I thought that was so cool. You guys have so much fun as a family going on hikes, vacations, swimming in your pool and playing tennis. You and Rebecca have an awesome close family and you're great examples to me. Love you lots Scott, have a great birthday!
-Mary
All my love, Have a great birthday,
Jeremy
By the way, Mary may have told you Bec wanted to marry you, but I still take credit for knowing before anyone - including both of you that you would get married. Have a good one,
Jer
Well, if all of you knew Scott as well as we do you would know that exercise has a whole lot to do with the aging process. Scott would make a great "Poster Child" for the American Diabetes Association. That's the number one thing you could do to stop the process. I have never seen anyone work harder than Scott does and when he makes up his mind to do something his hard work will just make it happen. Now, if we can just get him to believe in Warren Buffet we will have it made. Happy Birthday Scott--and many more.
Happy birthday Scott. We have lots of great memories with you and have great admiration for you as a brother and example to us all. Warren Buffet? How about Scott Evans...It wouldn't surprise me in the least that the Warren will be forgotten while the Scott Evans real estate empire rules the talk of the street. Thanks for being a great husband to my sister and just to set the record straight; while some of you think you knew first that Scott and Rebecca were getting married, it wasn't finally approved until I called him from my mission to ask if he was a Republican and he answered in the affirmative. - Daniel
Well, Scott, I can relate to you a lot. The whole big (Biggs) family thing is overwhelming to me, too. That's not a bad thing; maybe everyone else is weird for liking big groups - have they ever thought about that?! Anyway, I love that you built your dream house for you and Rebecca. I remember the house picture hanging on the fridge in your condom...I mean, condominium! (Remember when Rebecca said that? That still cracks me up.) I'm glad we shared babysitting in Mesa when we were poor. Who are we kidding - we still are. I also liked when we had Sunday dinners together when we were in the same ward. That's how I learned to make teriyaki chicken - one of our favorites now. I love that you are so dedicated to your family - kids and wife equally - because that's really what matters most anyway. Nathan & I were just talking about that trip we took (tried to take) to Pine. That has got to be the most ill-prepared trip I've ever taken: no water, no food, no electricity, no flashlights...what were we thinking?! Obviously we weren't! And we turned right around and drove back home because of the not-so-pleasant mouse aroma. (After you drank some hot chocolate of unknown contents.) No matter how tired I was, I knew you were more tired and you were driving so I was petrified we were going to crash. But we're still alive to tell about it! Anyway, I hope you had a great birthday and that your life keeps getting better. Love, Shauna
Hey that was a lot of fun reading all your nice happy birthday wishes and reminiscing. Thank you Biggs Bunch. I guess when you get as old as I am now "40", there can be a lot of history. Yea, I've been thinking I better start writing my life history before its too late. Maybe I'll just archive this Blogg for starters. With that in mind, I thing it would be appropriate to clarify and/or expound upon a few of these happy birthday blogging comment. As such we will begin with Rebecca. I always like to begin and end with Rebecca. Yes, Rebecca hit me with about 100 amps of electricity that memorable Sunday when our eyes first met, and let me tell you, she hasn't turned down the power. In fact, she has cranked it up, were talking some serious amperage coming out of that girl. Jeremy, I can't let you claim that you knew that I would marry Rebecca before I knew it. But I will concede that you knew before Mary. Now, if Mary will change her story about who broke her arm I will probably change my mind and say that she knew first. I was afraid that turning 40 would mean probable memory deterioration and my fear was confirmed when Ester recounted some of those fun memories, Thank you Esther for reminding me. But you must be getting close to some kind of memory loss age because you forgot to mention the funniest one of all and that was when Thomas went around bowing to all the mexican policemen. Wasn't that a funny thing. Thomas, don't have hard feelings about that. Some times I think to myself "Thomas is so lucky to have had that experience. I would like to know for myself what it would be like to bow to a mexican policeman, but I don't have the courage to try it." Shauna, I am so sorry for having traumatized you with my sleep driving habits. I decided that that was a nasty habit and have changed or at least have started to let Rebecca drive. I will say in all honesty that you were absolutely justified in being scared to death on that trip because I was in fact half asleep, and I was scared too, just half scared because I was not concious enough to be fully scared. Daniel, I have a confession to make. For me to have received approval to marry Rebecca, I was prepared to do most anything. I would have said I was Republican, Democrat, Socialist, even Terrorist. I figured, "what the heck, if I am willing to borrow my best friends Eagle Scout Badge to prove that I was truely an Eagle Scout, I could be a Democrat as well, sorry, I mean a Republican. I do love you all and thank you for your birthday wishes. Scott P.S. Mary made a very special photo DVD for my birthday that I very much enjoyed and appreciate. I wan't to give a special thank you to her.
Oh ya Scott! How could I forget the bowing to police in Mexico. That was really funny and I continue to tell that story. Apparently Shad didn't get the memo about going with the flow and doing anything he had to do to marry me. If I know Shad, he was republican until Daniel asked him that question and then turned around and changed to democrat. We'll get him somehow.
#7
Hey Scott, this is Lizzy, Happy Birthday!
Izzy
Post a Comment