Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Thomas!




Happy Birthday, Thomas!

This youngest picture of you was taken after I had graduated from high school, so there was not a lot of overlap in our growing up. I remember when you were born though, and what a cute baby we thought you were. I am proud of the great father and husband that you have become. Your dedication in getting through school reminds me that sometimes, things are worth working extra hard for. Best of luck to you, and have a great day.

Nathan

16 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Oh my goodness! Baby Thomas is 26! It's hard to believe that he is a grown man with a wife and children of his own. What a treasure he was (is). Do you remember how he was the "great pretender?" Every day he pretended to be a character (usually Superman) and we had to call him by that name whenever we talked to him all day long? One time he said, "Everybody come and watch the show! I'm on television!) Superman was on. Well, now, just like the rest of you did, he is getting through school on his own, supporting a family and staying active in the church...truly a "super" accomplishment. Happy Birthday Thomas. We love you.
Dad & Mom

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Thomas,
Happy Birthday!!! You were the most beautiful baby the parents had and you were so dang sweet. I remember the superman stuff too. Mom made you a cape and you would fly around the house with your arms stretched out. We'll all never forget the Aqua Man incident. everyone wanted to find it for you because you were so sweet and you really missed it. I remember one time I was going to my friends birthday party so you went and picked the head off of one of mom's flowers, the big orange stinky ones mom had in the front yard. You wrapped it in birthday wrapping paper and wanted to go. I saw you standing there with this gift and knew I had to take you with me. Do you remember when I used to dress you up and style your hair and then take pictures of you, with my little pink camera?
It's hard to beleive that you're grown up now with a beautiful wife and kids. And we are all very greatful for your choice in profession! We all love you Thomas. Have a Great Birthday!!
Rach and Fam

Esther said...

Thomas
Happy Birthday!!!!
I have lots of memories with you! I felt like you were mine. Mom had you so that I could have a little baby to dress up and play with and that's what you were. I loved being your big sister and like everyone said, you were just beautiful. I can still picture you with your superhero figurines and playing with them and acting like one. All growing up I always felt like you were mine. I still do. You will always be my favorite baby brother. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Esther

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

For whatever reason we have not been able to get on the blog...anyone else having a problem..?

Happy Birthday!

Thomas, your the best! we are proud of you - keep up the great work. How about a steak fry next week sometime?

Joel

Evans Family said...

Toady,

We just sent Allison out the door to the prom, so now I can focus on you. What an incredible person you are. You are always so fun to be around. I don't think that I have ever seen you angry. I was talking to Joel Bingham the other day and he was telling me about you and great you were for his son, and how much your group did for him. I remember your "group" lunches, cookies on Sunday, tail gate parties" I wish more kids were like you. You welcomed Scott in as a real brother and I sure appreciate that. Even let him "hog tie you" I remember you drawing your future home with a money pit in the back yard. I can't wait to see that. You have a wonderful family and an incredible wife. You guys fit so well together. I hope you have had a perfect birthday you sure deserve it. Thanks for being so upbeat and positive. I am very proud to be your sister.

Love, Rebecca

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

A steak fry sounds pretty good. Let us know when that is and we'll throw a couple on in your honor. Thomas you're a great brother and I agree with Rebecca. I don't remember ever seeing you angry. you've got a great and humble way about you that is an example to us all. One of our favorite memories is when you drove all over during your high school years with Porter's cheesey smile face in the back window of your truck. We still have that picture and when we see it and talk about it we always reference your truck. We hope you had a great day and we miss seeing you and your great family. Happy Birthday... - Daniel

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Thomas,
I too hope you had a great birthday! You are definitley the sibling I have the most memories with! I have to admit not all good, I'm sure my feet still make you cringe but the most recent, (the best ones) I remember the most. I couldn't have made it in High School if I didn't have my big brother there for a year to show me the ropes. You let me join your group and tag along with you and that really gave me a good base of friends. You also showed me that it was cool to be good, I always thought you were cool in High School and so I tried my hardest to be just like you. I consider you one of my very best friends. You are a great example too me Thomas I love you tons and tons!

-Mary

Erika said...

Thomas, It's not that I forgot to post a comment yesterday for your birthday. You know I didn't forget because I talked to you. But just so I can make it official, I hope you had a great birthday. Bummer that you had to work though. I remember when you were about 2 years old, I went to scout camp. While I was there, I had a huge guilty feeling because you always wanted me to go jump on the trampoline with you and I never would. While I was gone though, I promised myself that I would go jump with you whenever you asked, so when I got home, that was the first thing you said to me after a week of not seeing me. Of course I went out with you and jumped and we had a great time, but sadly I think that only lasted a few days before I wouldn't go out with you so much anymore. That, to this day, is one of my great regrets, so anytime you want to jump on the tramp, just let me know.
Jeremy

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Hey Tomas, Happy Birthday! I hope things are going really well. Seems like it's been a while since we've seen you guys. Just the other day I started to tivo a Food Network show about places to eat in Cleveland thinking you might have some insight on it the next time you were here. But I stopped recording to save space for episodes of "Little Bear".
I've been logging a little time on the b-ball court and remember the one-on-ones we used to do when you were in high school. I had a lot of fun shooting hoops back then. I think you're still one up on me on HORSE.

Happy Birthday,

Tony

Mom & Dad said...

Thomas, talking about trampolines, is that how you broke your arm soon after we got to Safford? That was quite an experience. The only Doctor we knew was Dr Hargis in our ward so Mom took you to him to get your cast on. We (Mom) made you a bed at the end of our bed in the house on Bonita Street so we could keep checking up on you. That was a pretty miserable night for you. You probably have forgotten all of that by now. What great patience you had and have. It still brings a tear to my eye when I see you put down "Aqua Man" at the Women's Monument in Nauvoo on our family tape. That will probably be a crowning event in our family forever. Of course you started the family sign of "four fingers" too. Fortunately you have intertwined your life into each of our lives for which we are eternally grateful. Happy Birthday (birthdays go on for several days you know).

Mom & Dad said...

I still maintain that you put down the Aqua Man and left him there on purpose because you were bored with carrying him around! Then later thought better about it. Dad just reminded me that years later, we went back and checked. Sure enough, he was gone. I think some happy little four-year-old kid found him and it made his day!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Thomas! It was really great talking to you last night.Yes, all of the local pools in the area are open.

love your niece,Hannah

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Hey Thomas, I picked up the phone to call you for your birth (cause you called me on mine, in case anyone is sad about me not calling them on their birth.) But just as I was Mary said you were at work. So I asked her for you cell # and then something happened and didn't end up calling.
Anyway hope it was all you deserve and more.
love ya,
Rach

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

Thank you all for commenting on my birthday blog. I'm sorry that my response is a couple of days late and that it is virtually impossible to get a hold of me. My un-orthodox schedule keeps me very busy and tired. But luckily I have a strong family who is both patient and supporting. Jenn gave me a traditional Biggs family birthday. She let me choose the meals and gave me presents throughout the day. She made me German Chocolate cake with ice cream in the middle, and meatballs for dinner, and missouri cookies for a snack. She also took a card to the hospital while I was sleeping so that all my coworkers could sign it. They were all so impressed at how beautiful my family was and how thoughtful Jenn is. In fact I'm at work right now as I write this. It has been a busy weekend here. With everything that I see including overdosing teenagers, suicidal adults, and dying infants, it is very valuable to me to have a firm foundation in my faith. I thank all of you who have had such an influence in my life to help me build a strong foundation. There are memories that I have with all of you, and since I haven't been the best at commenting, even on your birthdays I'd figure I'd better do it now.
Nathan:
Recently with you coming to visit Mesa. It was fun to go to the Suns game with you and your associates, and also to eat meatballs with you in the condo. Also you staying up unitl the wee hours of the morning helping me find a lost word document that I'm sure you were positive didn't exist anymore, but you helped me look in all the places so that I was satisified. Thank you,
Joel:
When you first got home from your mission and bought the mitsubishi, we went to Mesa for some forgotten reason. Just you and me, and I was so tired and falling asleep in the truck, you saw that the sun was in my eyes, so you pulled over to cover the windows. Eventually there was just enough window space for you to see out of. Needless to say, we got pulled over and the police officer made you take them down, but I have always remembered that. Also you have been a great help and support, keeping up with me in my medical school pursuits.
Daniel:
You gave up your Suns ticket for me, so I could see them in the old madhouse on mcdowell. Then you and I went to see them in the AWA later. Also you talked me into calling the radio station to get free basketball cards that they weren't offering, but gave to me because I was so young. You drove me all they way to downtown Phoenix to pick up a few packs of cards.
Rebecca:
You always so excited to draw my name in our gift exchange in St. Johns. You always got me Rollos candy. Also, you wrote letters to me on post-it notes while you lived in Utah. And how can I not mention our trip to El Paso, we saw a building lit up like the american flag, and went to the infamous mexico to bow to the police officers. Then you helped me clean up my peanut buster parfait that I spilled in your car. Thanks.
Jeremy:
You teaching me how to dunk better. I always wanted to dunk in church ball like you did. Also when you got off your mission, we picked you up from the airport and you talked to mom and dad the whole way home while I listened in on your good experiences. When we went to Washington DC before my mission and went to the midnight session in the washington dc temple. Your orange-jerius' and secret sauce that I still crave to this day.
Rachel:
My scar on my thumb from our basketball games and your finger nail. Crowding into the said mitsubishi to take me to school before you had to be to your school, staying up late eating Rebecca's carmel pop-corn looking for that elusive Waldo, and you always being there to change my laundry after I had gone to sleep and you were still out on a date.
Esther:
On one of your birthday calls we talked on the phone all the way from ASU to my house. I think that was the longest I have ever talked to anyone on the phone. After you graduated you went to the last dance of the school year and the 8th graders were invited, so I got to go with you. You were obviously over the high school dance scene, but you went to support me, and we got to dance together.
Mary:
Our sudden homelessness causing talks late into the night. Being so supportive when you found out that Jenn had dumped me. Going water skiing just after I got home from my mission. Being my swing dance partner for all the country songs at the church dances. Helping me find a present for Jenn while you were surfing the net in Safford and I was frantically shopping in Logan, Ut.
Thank you all so much, I love you all.

Mom & Dad said...

Wow! After reading all of Thomas' memories, I have to say that we have a funny, selfless, smart, happy family. You are all wonderful. I love you more than I can say. And I would like you even if I weren't related to you.
Mom

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Wow Thomas,
That was the best "thanks for my birthday comments" ever! I loved reading all of them.
Rach

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...