Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!




Happy Birthday, Jeremy! I thought that these were fun pictures of you, especially the "Three Faces of Jeremy".

I have always appreciated your easy going nature, and loving demeanor. Things never seemed to bother you too much (or if they did, you never let it show). I remember moving to St. Johns, and you were just a baby (the car seemed to always smell like baby wipes mingled with dirty diaper). It seems like we were always having some emergency with you too. The hernia, mom's medication...I think that Carl and John should have just parked the ambulance at our house. I just finished reading book 7 of Harry Potter. We should probably call you "the boy that lived". You went through more deadly curses than Harry ever did.

Well, thanks for being who you are. I will always remember helping you to re-do your do when I got home from my mission. I will take credit for introducing you to hair products.

Have a great day. I love you,

Nathan

16 comments:

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Happy Birthday Jer...It seems like most of my memories with you evolve some mode of transportation actually two major ones…one being the Beast? (The big yellow suburban) and the second either your blue scooter or your motorcycle you have now…as for THE BEAST… One time you and I were going to DQ and the suburban ran out of gas right by DQ so you got us some peanut buster parfaits and you and I walked to Minit Mart were you bought a Gatorade, drank as much as you could, and dumped the rest out, then filled it with gas, then we walked back to the suburban and you said it never drove so good, claiming it was the Gatorade/fuel mixture. I also remember going to get river rocks and getting stuck and you carried me on your shoulders the whole way back to the road, and going to the dirt field across the house and turning in lots and lots of circles, (I never knew something so big could turn so fast and so sharp, and last was when mom and I would pick you up from seminary we wouldn't have to honk or anything because you said as soon as mom drove up, the whole building would shake. And The Motorcycle…
One of my most memorable experiences happened just a month ago when you tried to teach me how to drive your motorcycle and as soon as I started to go we started going down so I tried to save us by putting my foot down and when that didn't work you reached around me and took over! I guess I'm not old enough ;) (or just not strong enough) to drive a motorcycle. But I love being the passenger, like on you scooter weather you were picking me up from school, dodging police men, or one time when you made me close my eyes and you took me to some remote area in Safford and made me find my way home. All good times riding as passenger. So thanks for all of the fun Memories in your motorized vehicles. You are an awesome big brother and I hope you have a great Birthday!
Love ya,
Mary

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Mom and Dad wanted me to tell you that their internet is down so they can't blog but when it is back up they will post a comment so check it even if it is a few days later.

Esther said...

Jer
Happy Birthday. You have always been such a fun brother!!!! Even when I really thought you might end mine and Rachels lives when we were little. You hated my friends and you loved to torture me by putting me head first in a sleeping bag and tying it up and saying "struggle, struggle". All memories that Im sure built character right? :) But really Jer, you are so fun. Not to mention The BEST person to watch a movie with. You think everything is funny and it makes whoever is with you think its funny too. I remember going with you to get river rocks and instead of it being a bad experience,when we got stuck, it was fun because you made it that way. I remember having contests on who could stay up the longest in the rental home in Safford. I remember getting Pizza Hut breadsticks late at night and I still crave them to this day. You were the first brother to leave on his mission that really effected my day to day. I missed you alot when you left and was so glad when you came home. You are a wonderful freind and brother and it was fun working with you too. Have a wonderful birthday. And I'll call you later to give you the cheesy sing the birthday song call.
Esther

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy! Hope your boss is taking you to lunch or maybe giving you the day off! HEE HEE
Stephanie

Erika said...

just a reminder our story (Daynen Porter)is under this post

Daynen and Poter


P.S. We were on the phone when posted this

Erika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!



Daynen, Reygan, Tayte, Hayden, Ellie.

WE LOVE YOU!

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Jeremy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is great to know that I am your Nephew aka realated to you some how. I hope you Have A great Birthday.
- Porter :-l> :> :-> :P

Mom & Dad said...

We're back! What a relief to be able to comment on your birthday blog. Jeremy, do you remember when Nathan was at school in Mesa, Joel was on his mission, Daniel and Dad were living in Safford without us, and we were getting the house ready to sell, all by ourselves? I was always amazed at how willing you were to help and to do anything I asked you to do. Even the other kids were amazed at you. You were always so fun and so funny...from seeing a dead peacock in the road (a palm frond that had fallen to the street) and making a "daddy-daddy" (tom-tom) in pre-school to laughing out loud and making us all laugh with you when we watched movies with you. You were always everyone's favorite person to watch movies with. Mary and I decided that the reason Tyson didn't like "Oh Brother" is because he didn't watch it for the first time with you.
You have always made us so proud of you, Jeremy, and so happy with the kind of man you have become. I remember telling Nathan and Joel and Daniel, on their missions, how much they would like the way Jeremy was turning out. You are a great son, brother, husband, father, and friend. We love you. Happy Birthday!
Dad & Mom

Mom & Dad said...

What's this going to the dirt fields and turning in circles? Is that why the police came to me one time and said "we are getting complaints that your son is taking the corners too fast on 16th?" It's amazing the Suburban (or what ever you called it) survived our family. That's the only car we really got our money's worth out of. And, do you remember when you and some of the others were walking along the highway by the movie theatre in St Johns and as soon as you saw the Suburban you headed out into the highway in front of that huge semi? Somebody was watching over you (again) when the inspiration came to turn quickly in front of the Semi before it hit you so you would run back to the side of the road toward the Suburban. Motorcycles--you know how we feel about those things. Napoleon Dynamite? Who could ever understand such a film that makes absolutely no sense? Jeremy, Happy Birthday!! We are grateful every day that you made it.

Evans Family said...

Jer, I have to agree with Nathan, that you are such a patient person. I admire that about you. You can make anything a party. I guess I just have to agree with everyone in that you are the best to watch a movie with too. I love swapping receipes with you, and I"m still jelous that you went on my vacation. Hope you had fun and thanks for the pictures. You should blog some.

I do have to give you some credit for helping get Scott, you were the first to talk to him and then helped me out by playing b-ball with him and being the go between, anyway that was a little random, but I do want you to know that I think you are a very kind, loving person. I get a kick out of talking to you on the phone. You can always make me smile. I hope that you have had a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday,
Love Rebecca

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy....Hmmm what to blog?????

Well Jer not to give you a bigger head than you already have - but you really are a pretty cool guy.

Jeremy has always had a cool way about him. He doesn't seem to get worked up about much. He is great to have around the office. In addition to having a great sense of humor,(which he has to have in order to put up with his sidekick Rand) He manages to intercept all of the personnel issues and does a great job juggling all of his many responsibilities....No offense to the rest of you but little Jeremy has grown into a great executive and business partner.

Ok, I said that I wouldn't do the whole "Remember when" Thing - but remember when Jeremy owned the streets of St. Johns on his red schwinn hand me down peice of junk bike....that he got for Christmas....He was as happy as a "dead mouse" or was it a field mouse...?

Jeremy would always let us beat him up and he would just laugh while we tortured him..(poor guy)..He was the one who would always be willing to go outside and play catch and believe all my stories about how I was going to become a professional quarterback someday...(No Erika, not like uncle Rico) I really had potential...If I only had the right shoes Imagine where I would be.
Jeremy's like Nathan's hair was so Napoleon like it was scary. I'm happy that Nathan figured it out and managed to introduce you to hair treatment...As long as you keep that motorcycle helmet off it seems to work ok.

Hope you had a great Birthday...

Joel

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Hey I thought it was me, that tamed the fro- of Jeremy.??

Happy Happy Birthday Jeremy.
My memories are many. Walking or riding bikes to Wilburs, sufficating Esther in the sleeping bag, you wanting to beat us up, us telling Mom but she never did anything about it, probably, by the sound of it, she didn't think you were really capable of such things. Me giving you a hernia because I was on your back while you pretended to be a... Those white animal things on star wars? We played outside a lot with invented baseball games, foot ball every afternoon, paying you a dollar to let me win and you taking it. Basketball on the dirt court in St. Johns, B-ball in Safford, playing catch, now that I think about it you pretty much turned me into your little brother. Those nights of eating ice cream and watching Letterman, and the Twilight Zone, and sometimes Nick and Night.
We took Joel's scooter for a ride and we were stopped by a police man I got off and booked it home and left you there to talk to him. The tank and how very proud you were to drive a big old yellow suburban around town. I loved just hanging out with you. That summer we had a movie club and we took turns watching movies at everybodys houses. I got the scoop on who ever you liked and who ever liked you. Everyone liked you, you are such a nice layed back guy. Just like everyone has said it's so true, and such a great quality to have. Just this weekend I saw Justin Porter and was comparing him to you saying he's like Jeremy, just one of those all around really great guys.
That time mom sent us to the store for something and popcycles for the kids and we drove around, well because you are you, you decided to idol home and we just kept going all around the neibhorhood eating all the popopcycles and eating a lot of gum. Until it stopped. Did it stop or did you finally just break and pull in to the drive way? Anyway when we walked in with a mouth full of gum and no popcycles, She sent us back to get more, but that time I wasn't allowed to go with you.
I remember when Erika came into your life, and you talking to me about wanting to marry her and how you loved her and she was the one. Then we get in the car pick up Justin T. who happen to be at the 4 way stop the same time we were and said hey jump in. And off we went to Colorado to get you engaged. That was such a blast!!
Sorry this is so long I could go on forever. I'm grateful for our friendship. And I hope you had a great day. you really deserve it!!
Rach
p.s. sorry about the misspelling and the non punctuation I'm tired. :) (We just got back from the twinks apointment I'll e-mail mom who will let you all know.)

Tony - Jer, much memories...so many wonderful memories. Remember basketball at Lafe Nelson? That was fun. No worries, you're still in your 30's. Happy Birthday!

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Jeremy, sorry for the day after entry. I'm still not doing too much and this is the first day I looked at the computer since... You've always been one of the most selfless people I've evver known. I remember once talking to Joel and mom about how you never complained or said no when we asked you to do something so I decided to test it and asked you to go get me a drink of water and you jumped right up and brought me a drink without even asking why. I've used your example with my kids. I hope you had a great birthday. - Daniel

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Jer, you abveously don't know the rules of Birthday blogging. It is now your turn to say, "thanks guys, I have the best family...yada, yada, yada..."

just helping you out :)
-Mary

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

yeah Jer, I saw there was 15 so it made me check again. Thinking you put in your 2cents. What the hay?
You think the pressure is too much don't ya? :)

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...