Sunday, July 22, 2007

Our Family Vacation

We just wanted to share some pics of our family trip back east. We had a great time going to Jer's mission, we even stayed at a bed and breakfast in Rutland, Jer's old area. We ate Lobster in Kittery at a restaraunt across the street from Jer's first apartment on his mission. We stayed in Boston for a few nights and also saw the Hill Camorah Pagent in Palmyra. We were able to go see my great grandma in New York near Buffalo on the way to Niagara. We ended our trip by going to Thomas' old stomping ground and saw Kirtland. The kids loved being at the Kirtland temple because we went in the evening and Jer introduced them to fire flies. That kept them busy trying to catch them. We drove to Detroit to fly home so we ended up visiting 10 states (including Ontario). We really had a great time and Ellie did pretty good. We felt really lucky to be able to have such a good trip.

Eating Lobster at Warren's
At the Nubble Headlight in York ME
In the Old North Church in Boston-where the two lanterns hung
At the Bed and Breakfast in Vermont
At the Hill Camorah Pagent with Joseph Smith
Picture whith the kids Great Great Grandma
On the Maid of the Mist at the falls
The view of the falls from the kids room

Catching fire flies in Kirtland










7 comments:

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Was it raining at the Hill Cumorah Pageant? I guess obviously unless you had a water fight or something, and can I just say, "Holy bread and breakfast" I've never been to one but that looks so nice. That all looks like so much fun! I'm glad you blogged pictures, I want to come and see more sometime.

Esther said...

Wow. What wonderful memories. I am jelous I really would love to go to New England and see the sights. It just looks too picturesque (sp?). Im glad you blogged and let everyone in on the fun.
Esther

Mom & Dad said...

Did your kids freak out eating lobster? I am so impressed. What great pictures. And what a neat thing to be able to do, to visit your mission stomping grounds as well as some of Thomas' too.

Mom & Dad said...

That lighthouse picture of the whole family is surely perfect for the 2008 family calendar. Thanks for sending it. I need one from every family. If you have blogged one recently, ok, if not, do...or e-mail one.

Shauna said...

Looks like super fun! Daniel's kids got to see fireflies here when they came. Good to hear from you!

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

WOW! I love that Blog. It's good to see you all, and I am enveous. What a memory that will be for all of you. It really looks like you did a lot and had a good time.

Erika said...

went to ten different states including the one in Canada. It was raining pretty hard at the Hill Cumorah Pageant, but it was still very fun. We also went to Niagra Falls in Otario, Canada. Well I cant tell everything, but Ican tell you this...we had an amazing time!
Reygan

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...