We love America and miss it, even though we have come to love Portugal too. The missionaries were so fervent in pledging their allegiance and singing "The Star Spangled Banner."

The missionaries playing frisbee. See Elder Cox's Diamondbacks shirt?
This is Elder Iorg, an assistant to the president. He also came to the street meeting. He is the one who has been drafted by Detroit to play baseball.
Dad and Elder Powell from Tomar. These are all paper flowers, as are all the street decorations.

One of the decorated streets in Tomar

See the tower of bread and flowers? The man walks beside her so that when she gets tired, he can hold it for her for a while. They are just practicing, here. For the parade, Sunday, which lasts 3 hours, he will dress in black pants, black sash over his shoulder, and a white shirt. She will dress in a long, flowing, colorful dress. All the flowers in the tabuleiros and decorating the streets are paper flowers.
5 comments:
What are they celebrating with all the decorations? Do all the missionaries wear those hats? (Elder Iorg) Nathan's new one fits - he has a big head. Joshua & Nathan took a picture of them in their hats; they'll blog it later, I think. We are getting ready for our monthly YSA dinner at our house - no rest for the weary.
Scott and I were in Rocky Point on the Fourth, and I'm sure I had similar feelings. I was telling Scott that I was really appreciating America, and I felt so patriotic. Thanks for the pictures and news. I enjoyed your news letter as well. How can there be so many drivers if the cost of the class is $900?
Love, Rebecca
wow that looks like you 2 are having fun in portugal. so i am now 5ft and 10 in i's kinda tall. so i hope that i will not get bad luck for reading that comment on the post i made. llove you all.
Bethany
Hey parents, Love the pictures I like seeing them best on the blog it seems more personal.
Are the paper flowers all over the houses on one road or all over town? Do they know how good at float decorating and paper flower making you are? If they did, I'm sure you would be put to work.
Post a Comment