I hesitate putting this picture on the blog because it appears Nathan is taller but I think he was standing on a rock.
While our tamale's were cooking, Nathan and I took some of the kids who were willing on a little hike up our back yard to have a better view of town.We are so glad the NE Biggs came for Thanksgiving. We had a great time talking and cooking and just spending time together. Josh even had us squeeze in another viewing of 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. Last evening we went to the Hot Springs here in town and watched as the Hotel Colorado turned on it's 200k Christmas Lights and shot off fireworks. The visit was great but when you add a good fireworks show while soaking in a hot springs with the outside air about 25 degrees, it just doesn't get much better.
Thankyou NE Biggs for coming to visit. We had a great time and look forward to our trip your direction for July 4th 2008 extravaganza.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness. What are you going to be doing next Thanksgiving? Do you go to Connie's parents? If not, maybe we'll go to Colorado. It's the in-laws' year so we will be footloose. Your weekend sounded wonderful.
I can't believe it but my swimsuit STILL smells like the Hot Springs Pool! I even washed it, but the stink is still there.
Love from Hannah
P.U.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hannah
We had lots of fun! We've gone twice in a row for Thanksgiving so I don't know about the whole in-law rotation. ?? Bethany's still a little sad that we didn't do gingerbread houses, but she'll get over it eventually. She doesn't want to do them here, though. It's there or nothing. I have some ideas for next year, but I need to run them by Connie.
Nathan got sick the day we left, but Bethany was good & our car ran fine.
We're looking forward to next year too. Shauna, we just used your homemade fire starters this afternoon to start our fire. Those are great. To be honest, the reason we really like the NE Biggs to come or for us to go visit them is we get gifts from Shauna. She knitted scarfs for everyone, made little fire starters and brought some of her canned pumpkin that we turned into an awesome pumpkin pie. Nathan said it was chunky but I didn't taste any chunks although my pieces were pretty thin so maybe I cut between them.
Despite the restraining order from Village Inn against Nathan and I from last year when we broke in to get pies, we did go there again and got a few more to supplement the Splenda pies we made at home. They all were very good. The turkey was great. We had one roasted and one smoked and the smoked one went pretty fast. Again, we're glad the NE Biggs came for a visit and this year, without the stitches and throwing up, it was a lot more fun. - Thanks
Post a Comment