Mary called early this Saturday morning and told me that we were behind in updating you all on our lives, so here goes...
Dallin got his eagle! He worked so hard on it, and honestly most of it was completed on his own. He is very self motivated when it comes to scouts, and he also bought a small truck.
Allison got her hair cut!!!
I got my appraisal liscense, and because of that I got a Mustang!
And I also thought I would throw on some Halloween pictures too.
We are too busy for our own good, but it keeps us on top of things for sure.
6 comments:
So glad to hear from you! W2G, Dallin! Joshua is working on his project now. He's like his mom - a little slow like a turtle but eventually gets it done. He loves his YM Pres who is helping a lot.
Wow, Rebecca! I'm totally impressed with your new wheels. Nathan & I always joke with our kids what kind of cool car we're going to get when they're gone. Congrats on your license. I'm feeling like I need to get some skills myself, so you are an inspiration.
Love that you let us see the Safford Halloween crew. It's good to see everyone. Who has Rachel & Tony for Christmas? They need a digital camera (right, Rach? I'm putting in a good plug for you.)
So good to see you on the blog again. Al...love the hair, you brave girl. Dallin...I think your so cool. Good job. Bec...You didn't tell me about the CAR!!! How could you leave that out? Way to go on your test.
Allison, your pumpkin gets better and better every year!!! :) Love Rylie's dress (my prom dress!!!) Dallin is a go getter for sure, thanks to his eagle project the
bb-q dinner stayed dry for the 24th of July celebration! (it was a big thing with a roof at the stake center ball fields) And for those who can't see DeWitts pumkin it is stuffed with matches inside and out I heard it got pretty exciting when he lit his. I can't wait to drive in the car bec way to go! Love ya'll lots! thanks for blogging!
Rebecca went way too fast with this blog and I didn't get to say what I wanted to say. I told her that I was so proud of her for getting her license, that I would even blog about it. I had planned my blog way in advance and knew that I would start it with a picture of her at the state appraisal testing center. She has been preparing for this test for at least six months. I remember there were times even on our vacation to puerto penasco where I would say to her, "lets not study anymore and just enjoy this nice beach and each other." We knew that she would receive immediate results on her state appraiser test and I took my digital camera to have with me as I waited in the test lobby where they would tell her if she passed or failed. I was going to take a live shot of her excitement as she received her test results. She passed and like I anticipated, she was jumping up and down with happiness but I completely forgot about the picture because I was jumping up and down with happiness too, and then we were hugging and kissing and laughing and all kinds of these sort of things and we kept carrying on like that for the rest of the evening. I was so taken, that I forgot all about pictures. I should have just brought along a wedding video person. Had I done that, we could have entertained you all very well with the excitement of this happy event. Speaking of weddings, I think passing this test was even more exciting than our wedding. Darn, I really should have had a wedding video person along. Our grandkids would have enjoyed it. So, I am sorry to say that I don't have any of these terrific pictures to share with you, but what can I say, is that I was just too busy hugging and kissing and enjoying my new appraisal partner. We are officially Evans and Evans Appraisal and we even hung our business sign in our bedroom as we didn't have wall space for it in our library where we do most of our appraisal work. It's appropriate because we bought these laptops that we can take anywhere and sometimes we take them to our bedroom when we feel like having a casual day and just stay in our pajamas. Rebecca really did get herself a new sports car. We always kidded to each other that if she ever decided to get her license, she could buy her favorite car as a reward. We'll she did it, so we did it. You should see the heads turn, I think it is great for business. The truth about the license is, that for these past five years she has done all the appraisal work. I would do the appointment and work out problems with clients over the phone, while she did the real work of research, analyzing, and developing the report. I would finish the job having Rebecca apply my electronic signature to the report and email it to the client. The reality is, that she is the appraiser and has been this whole time. I just hope that I can keep working for her because she is such a cool boss. I never dreamed that I could ever really like a boss the way that I like her.
Thank you for blogging, Rebecca and Scott. Scott, your description of the happy event is even better than pictures. You are a good writer and we loved hearing from you. Do it again soon. And, congratulations on the license, Becca, and the car and the Eagle Scout son, and the justifiably proud husband, and the lovely short-haired daughter and the other beautiful children and the cute neices and nephew. Did I cover everything?
Somebody blog for Rachel sometimes.
Post a Comment