Sunday, January 13, 2008

Portugal 1-13-08

This is just a small part of the Convento de Cristo, that I took when I went, clear back last year. But I thought you might be interested to see it.

We were in Nazare this week, so we took a lot of pictures of boats. Dad wanted a picture every time he saw a boat. And it was just at the time the boats were leaving to go out to do the evening fishing, so there were a lot of boats. But this one was his favorite, I think, and it wasn't even going anywhere...but it is so Portuguese.

Dad took this very artistically arranged photo of the missionaries at the Convento de Cristo in Tomar. We have Elders Davis and Price, and Irmas Johnson and Chambless.

This is the Abrantes Branch. Presidente Morais is kneeling. He's not really that short. Irma Adelaide is the older sister with the white hair. She is the one who gave me a picture of Jesus to remember her by.

2 comments:

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

i love the umbrella picture, very artistic dad.

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Great pics the boat picture is also artistic, not centering the boat in the frame adds interest. :)I love seeing the things you are seeing I'm glad you have been taking so many pictures. It will be fun when you can tell us about it all

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...