Dad and I were released as Mesa Temple workers in March...and subsequently called, later in the month, as Gila Valley Temple workers. We really enjoyed our time in the Mesa Temple, and will always regard it as "our Temple." It is, after all, where the Tom and Susan Biggs family first was established. Both our parents were sealed there, as were each of our children to their beautiful spouses. It is where my grandparents and great grandparents served for decades. I am so glad we had the opportunity to serve there before the Gila Valley Temple was built. It will always be a cherished memory.
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with the traditional Leprechaun trap. And it actually must have caught one because the kids found a golden treasure...filled with gold-wrapped candy.
On the day of the Spring Solstice, Jeremy called and told us that at a certain time of the day we could stand an egg on its end and it would stay. We tried it and it did!
Spring has really sprung around our house. Dad has been busy planting and pruning, and I got a wonderful picture of Mt. Graham, covered in snow, while in the foreground we can see flowering trees and African Daisies. Also, one of the best things about spring...strawberries! Rachel had us to dinner and served fresh strawberry pie. Yum!
Rachel and Tony's family came to dinner on Sunday the 28th, and you can see what the meal did to them...I hope it was just too much of a good thing.
We went to Mesa on the Monday before Grandma's birthday and we really enjoyed seeing the beautiful flowers lining the sides of the highway. Some of them were probably planted when they made the new road, but some of them were just wild and beautiful. Of course, the photos do not do credit to the real beauty of it.
We had a special joint FHE with the Mesa kids and Thomas and Jenn and their families on the 29th. Jeremy and Erika were the hosts and we sure appreciated the use of their lovely home and way fun back yard. Actually, they had just invited Thomas and Jenn over for wings but were gracious about letting the rest of us crash the party. The wings were good and plentiful, too. We also had pizza and ice cream and just enjoyed talking and being together. There is also a picture of Stetson with his Eagle Scout card. We are so proud of all our Eagle Scouts, he is just the newest one...but Levi and DeWitt are not far behind. I also got a picture of Joel in his new glasses. He looks very handsome in them. When he and Jeremy both are wearing their glasses, it's hard to tell them apart? While I was filming the kids playing basketball in Jer's back yard, I got some amazing shots of Reygan's trampoline tricks. She is soooo good!
Esther and Shad's family had not been able to join us for FHE because they were in Eagar the funeral of his uncle who died, way too young, from cancer. We visited with them the next night and saw Bridger transform from a shaggy hippy to a shaved military type, and Brody begin to crawl.
We celebrated our two end-of-March birthdays...Grandma at 86 and Levi at 16. Levi said he and Grandma Hiatt were twins...just 70 years apart! We ate lunch with Grandma and some of my sisters, along with Dad, Kent, and Grandpa. We wished Levi a "Happy Birthday," of course, when we called him that morning, but also at our joint FHE with the Mesa kids.

On April 1st, the day after we got home from Mesa, Isabel had her last ever choir program, at least while she is in elementary school (and since she is only in 4th grade, that will be a long time)... because of budget cutbacks in the schools...so I want to post a video of one of her songs. She had several, but this is the one I was able to get the whole thing of (good grammar, Susan).
5 comments:
Way to go MOM--if all of you only knew what this took. She spends a whole morning putting this together and all month making sure we have pictures to illustrate. The best part is attending all the events and seeing our family in all their various activities. This is truly a labor of love--for each of you.
Dad
I don't know exactly how much time and effort you put into these posts but I can imagine! I for one am really grateful for them and look forward to the first of every month to read them. Thanks Mom. Love you
Thank you, Tom, for your comment. He's right, it takes me about 3-4 hours to do a monthly post. Jenn was here when I did this one and she commented that it's ridiculous that the blog program isn't easier to do. She hit the nail on the head. It is so complicated and unnecessarily so. So, why don't some of you computer geniuses come up with a better blog-type program? You could make a fortune!
Reygan that was awesome! I gotta try that. ha it made me want to anyway. Isabel that was so good. Her music teacher just loves her. She had 2 solos and one duet with another girl and another with a quartet. Also fyi they do have one more performance for Grandparents day in may.
haha, I can't even do a summer sault ( I have no idea how to spell it) anymore:) March was a good month and flew by sooo fast, it wasn't even funny! I can't believe my worst favorite seasons are coming into action...( considering we live in az and in the summer, 100 degrees is a good day) anyway, everyone is growing up soo fast! I looked at the pictures and videos and I barely recognize anyone! luv you guys:D
-rylie
Post a Comment