-SHADRACH
Sunday, April 18, 2010
FIRST TRACK MEET
ME AND PORTER HAD OUR FIRST TRACK MEET ON SATURDAY. IT WASN'T THE BEST THING EVER BECAUSE THEY CUT SOME EVENTS SO THEY COULD SAVE TIME. WELL FOR ME I DID LONG JUMP AND GOT 11ft AND 3in. BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I WON OR NOT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO SAY BECAUSE OF AN INCOMING THUNDERSTORM. PORTER DID HIGH JUMP MOST OF THE DAY BECAUSE EVERYBODY HAD TO KEEP LEAVING FOR OTHER EVENTS. BUT HE GOT PRETTY FAR INTO THAT. WE DON'T NOW WHAT PLACE HE GOT FOR THAT EITHER. HE GOT 3rd IN HIS HEAT FOR 200M AND THEN WE JUST HUNG AROUND UNTIL THE REST OF OUR TEAMMATES GOT DONE WITH THEIR EVENTS. SORRY WE DIDN'T HAVE PICTURES. OUR PARENTS DIDN'T MAKE IT AND WE DIDN'T THINK TO TAKE ANY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH
One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead. August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...
-
An amazing gathering of the Tom and Susan Biggs clan! There were 76 out of 91 of us there. And we really had a great time. Everyone ...
-
The reunion this year was great, as always. It was so relaxing not to be in charge! Jan and Kent were our leaders and they did a great job...
6 comments:
That's awesome I did track in Jr. high good times.
yeah it's a lot of fun when your good at your events.
-Shadrach
Awesome job Shadrach and Porter!
-Hannah
ok. So is this some kind of code you have to be a kid to decipher? Old grandmas can't understand it at all!!! What did you do at the track meet?
Hey that's great "Me" and Porter. I'm like Grandma I can't decipher the code. After ...far into tha...it's just symbols at least on what we see. Tell us more. I ran track when I was in school--880 yds (800 meters now) and the mile (1600 Meters now). I really enjoyed it although it wasn't easy. I remember going to a Track Meet at ASU one time when I was in High School and we watched a world record set in the 880. It was by a young man from New Mexico--Adolph Plummer. It was exciting to see. Look it up in record books. Track is where hard work pays off. Nothing worth while is easy. Thanks for the info. "Me" and Porter.
Grandpa
Sorry, it was the 440, 1 time around the track for Asolph Plummer. Check this link.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nm/sports/c-track/auto_pdf/07mediaguide_section7.pdf
Post a Comment