So, Juice Spaghetti and Chicken Mexicali...two made-up family favorite dishes.
When Dad and I were engaged, and I was home from the Y for Spring Break, he asked me if I wanted to come to his house for spaghetti. Sure, I thought. I like spaghetti. What he served was macaroni floating in hot tomato juice. Not spaghetti. But since it was one of his favorite things to eat, we had it at our house often...usually for lunch when I could eat something else. To differentiate between real spaghetti and this concoction, I started calling it juice spaghetti. When Melissa was living with us while she went to EAC, she wondered why we had Jew spaghetti and if real spaghetti was gentile spaghetti. When Jeremy was a little boy, he said, "Mom, the way I know you're not a real Biggs is because you don't like juice spaghetti! BTW Thomas never considered me a real Biggs either. One time, when he was about 7 or 8, he said, "Everyone who has married into our family has a name that starts with an "S"...Susan, Shauna, Scott, Stephanie..." Thank goodness Connie came along just in time!
Juice spaghetti, the top one, cooked by Dad and the bottom one by Rachel.
Chicken Mexicali was a dish I invented after Dad had a checkup and needed to reduce cholesterol. I put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a crockpot, garlic salted them, poured a bottle of Pace over the top of it and added whole mushrooms. He liked it and we had it quite often. It really needs to have a couple of thighs or drumsticks cooked with it to add flavor (cholesterolπ), but you don't need to eat those, of course, unless you want to. I serve it over rice and usually have crisp, cold cucumber salad with it. I made up that salad when I had to bring salad to a dinner in St. Johns. We had fresh cucumbers and tomatoes and green onions, so I put them all together with a lot of salt and pepper. I started to add some dressing, but when I tasted the salad, I liked the natural tomato juices as the dressing and didn't think that it needed anything more. The picture below shows a chopped green salad, but I usually serve just cucumber salad with it. A warm tostadita rounds it off perfectly.
My Chicken Mexicali
Our March birthdays are pretty perfect too.
Soren turned 10 on the 7th.
Esther's birthday was the 8th. (This picture just makes me want to smile back at her)
Jeremy and Erika's anniversary was on the 9th.
Esther and Shad's anniversary, was on the 12th.
Jenn's birthday was the 14th
Little Harvey turned 2 on the 17th.
And Seth also had a birthday on the 17th.
Crew turned 16 on the 19th.
Shauna's birthday was the 22nd.
Daniel's birthday was the 26th.
Emma turned 12 on the 29th.
Levi's birthday was the 31st.
March has been just absolutely glorious! Flowers blooming like crazy, sunny days with some high clouds and even a few sprinkles one day.
Spring at our house
Spring at El Charro
Spring in Mesa...the fragrance of orange blossoms...one of my favorite smells in all the world
OUR MARCH~
In March we had a maintenance closure at the Temple for two weeks, so we were able to go to Mesa for some activities. We actually went twice, once to go to the Mesa Temple, and once to attend a Brinton cousin reunion. So we were able to be there for Crew's birthday, Marlie's recovery and Crew's ordination. I'm so glad we got to see our Gilbert/Mesa family, including my siblings and cousins, during this break. And I loved being there for the orange blossoms. All during my childhood, I looked forward to March just to smell the orange blossoms.
We went to Mary's on the first of March for her to give Dad a haircut. He and Alex were watching big tractors do road work by their house.
On our way back, we stopped at the car wash and were greeted by this beautiful smile.
We took Scott a medicinal milkshake to help him recover from his extensive shoulder surgery.
Dad and Thomas took his boys shooting the next day while we were off.
On the 9th, we went to the funeral of Lucille Rogers from Pima. She and her husband were temple workers and she worked until she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She died 4 days later! How smart of herπ. That's how I want to go...quickly, so y'all don't have to take care of me. I'll do my best. Anyway, her children covered the benches in the chapel with quilts she had made. I've never seen this done before. I thought it was very sweet.
On the 10th, we kept Mary 's babies while the Richins grandparents went to a family wedding and reception. Mary and her two oldest kids went on an Edward Jones trip...a Disney cruise!! It was fun to have the kids for the afternoon, but the Richins had them for a whole week. I have to say that it's a good thing they are young! The kids were so good and no trouble at all, but Dad and I were exhausted π We're getting old...actually, not getting...
On the 11th, the Safford Stake Presidency was released (Presidents Sanders, Elicio, Peck) and a new presidency was sustained. Elder Dube of the Seventy and Elder Tilleman, an Area Authority Seventy, called Brad Montierth, Clay Hargis, and Palmer Goodman to be the new stake presidency.
Elder Dube, shaking hands with members of the congregation at Stake Conference on the 12th. He shook hands with each of Thomas and Jenn's kids. He is a delightful man with a good sense of humor and a strong spirit.
We went to Mesa on the 15th, the start of our Temple's maintenance closure, and Dad ate lunch with Joel, Jeremy and Daynen after a meeting with Grandpa Hiatt's accountant. Tax time, you know.
Later, just after Dad got home from lunch, Esther called and said she was meeting the grandkids and Shad and Rachel at Pete's, so Dad, never to pass up Pete's, even if he just ate, agreed to meet them. I'm so glad we did. They had all been to the Mesa Temple to do baptisms, except Esther and Soren and Brody, who waited at the visitors' center and on the grounds for two hours. I insisted that we get a group picture, which we did, but for some reason, Ellie was standing behind Reygan and didn't even peek out.
The next day, Friday, we went to do a session at the Mesa Temple, and Rachel, Esther and Shad met us there. It was nostalgic, knowing that our Temple was going to be changed so much that we wouldn't even recognize it. It closes in May for 2 years! Just for Dad, we ate lunch in the Temple cafeteria and he got to have their vegetable soup and tapioca pudding. He's going to miss it when they eliminate the cafeteria, even though he never gets to go there any more anyway.
That night, we ate dinner at Esther's. Rachel made a delicious chicken noodle soup and Esther made yummy toasted cheese sandwiches. It was perfect. 

Saturday afternoon, we went to Sam's Club so Dad could play his scan-and-go game. Joel and Stephanie came as well, to buy stuff for Crew's birthday party the next day. Dad is doing his best to convert everyone to the s-a-g game.
The next day, Sunday, we attended church in Joel and Stephanie's ward. When we came out, we saw this cool turquoise mustang that I just had to get a picture of.
Crew's 16th birthday was the 19th, but they had a birthday dinner and celebration on the 18th, with all the Valley families in attendance. Jeremy and Erika's family, Esther and Shad's family and even Bethany and Palmer and Jovie came. Stetson and Lindsay was there, but DeWitt was in Safford for the weekend.
~Happy Birthday, Crew!~
Jovie was fine when Grandpa held her, even smiling, but as soon as Bethany gave her to me, she screamed and reached for her dad. Reminds me of Rebecca. When she was Jovie's age, she would always go to whatever man wanted to hold her, but not to any unknown woman.
Birthday party fun.
We went home on Monday and Mary and Tyson and their family came to do their regular, very kind, FHE service for the old folks. We bought pizza and they showed us pictures from their Disney cruise. Check out Mary's section for a sample.
Thomas and Jenn's family came over to see the pictures. We all wished we could have gone too.
The next day, we went to watch Polly play tennis at EAC. She won...both doubles and singles...against Paradise Valley.
Part of Isabel's fan club at the Gila Valley Idol competition. Rebecca and Scott and Polly and Thomas and Jenn and Kirtlyn, and Mary and Tyson and Brianna and Carson and Lindsay all came to cheer for her. She did so well. She sang I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables and really sang with all her heart and voice. The judge even said he was amazed that such a powerful voice could come from such a tiny girl.
We went to Mesa again, the next day, for a Brinton cousin reunion. Marlie had surgery on her foot that morning, so we took her a medicinal milkshake. I'm sure it made all the difference in how quickly she felt better π
When we got to the condo, we were greeted with a sidewalk full of dead bees!!π They almost totally covered the sidewalk. We swept up 3 piles of bees, but they left honey residue that we had to wash and scrub with soap and water to get off. That happened once before, a couple of years ago, but we saw the bees swarming then and called a bee guy and he sprayed them and cleaned them up. I don't know what happened this time, but they were left for us to dispose of. Some of them were still staggering around
We went to the Brinton cousins reunion on Saturday the 24th. It was really good to see all my cousins. I hardly ever even see my siblings, so it was really good that we went. Sandy and I, and of course, Dad, are the oldest ones, now that Deone, Sandy's sister, has passed away. Of course, Aunt Donna LeBaron, Grandma's sister always goes to these things. She is amazing, and at about 88, younger than all the rest of us.
L-R:Sandy, Marilyn Brinton (a granddaughter of Grandpa Brinton's brother), her husband, Kent, Jan, and Dad. My chair is by Dad's.
Florence Hatch's husband, Florence, Donna, Erik Huish, Diana LeBaron Huish, Elise LeBaron, and I think he's Robert Whipple.
Phil, David Brinton, David's wife, Charlie Brinton, Skinner (Laura Kay's husband), Laura Kay LeBaron Skinner, Karen, Mike
Tom Whipple, his wife, David Whipple, Shannon Whipple, Dennis Flake, Denise Flake, Doug Brinton
Julie LeBaron, Sherri LeBaron Rapier, Rapier, Mark Brinton, Denny Palmer, Christi LeBaron Palmer, Diana, Karl
They thought all these old, fat people needed to line dance. It was actually fun.
Dad even got in on it for a minute or two until he saw that we had to cross one foot behind the other and he decided it was too much for him!
The whole group...In this picture, but not pictured above, are Dil Brinton and his wife Joan, Marilyn Llewelyn and her husband, Nancy and Dale, Milo R LeBaron, Reed Flake and his wife, Robert Whipple's wife.
The next day, we went to Joel's ward for church. Rachel and Rylie and Brynlie and Camille, who had stayed in the condo with us (they went to Mesa to attend Luke's all-state orchestra concert), went to church with us.
At Joel's Sacrament Meeting, they presented and sustained Crew to be ordained a Priest. We met, afterwards, in Joel's office and he and Dad and Stetson, Levi and Docker all participated in his ordination.
The next day was a "curtain day" back home. We and Rebecca and Thomas and Jenn and Tyson all came to iron and hang all the curtains and veils in the Temple before they opened the next day, the 27th, after our 2-week maintenance closure. We so appreciated their help. Rachel was going to go but had to stay home with Camille, who woke up sick that morning. We wanted to take everyone to breakfast, but Tyson had to go to work, and Rebecca had to go help Scott with his work. He is still incapacitated with his arm in a sling and can't do things all by himself any more. We ate breakfast with Thomas and Jenn at the Mainstreet Cafe. The handicapped workers did a great job and the breakfast was delicious.
Ethan was so sick with RSV on the 27th, that it was a good thing we didn't start work at the Temple until the 29th so we could keep Alex while Mary took Ethan to the doctor. The first thing he said when he got here was "I want to play in the dirt, and I want a big carrot." So he played in the dirt and he pulled two carrots out of Dad's garden until he found one big enough.
That night we went to see Peter Pan. This was cast one, in which Hyrum was Mr. Darling and Maya was an Indian maiden and Henry was a pirate. They were the best in the whole show! Their costumes were right on and they smiled...and Henry even waved π Lindsay and Jared went with us so they could scope out the competition for tomorrow night's performance. Lindsay took the picture.
On Wednesday, the 28th, we went to see Cast Two perform Peter Pan. Lindsay was Peter Pan and Jared was a pirate. I have to say that Jared was the cutest pirate in the whole cast, and Lindsay was just fabulous...so full of personality, sass and Peter Panity π She carried the whole show, and I could hear every word she said!
We had a fun pre-first-session-of-conference-Easter-picnic on Saturday the 31st. A waffle bar brought everyone out and we even had two Easter bunnies...Carson in the big face and Thomas in the small mask. They added to the festive atmosphere. An egg hunt rounded off everything, just in time for conference to begin. Everyone, except Parker, went home to watch it on their own TVs, so it was a quiet time to reflect on the importance of what happened...a solemn assembly...in which we participated in sustaining the new prophet and president of the Church, Russell M. Nelson.
Maya injured her foot earlier, on her trampoline.
Ethan is so much better!
Scott got a picture of me being me. π
What a wonderful occasion, the celebration of the birth of the Savior, the founder, leader and head of His church, and the sustaining of His prophet. I loved to see the First Presidency sustaining themselves.
And I loved to see our boys, sustaining them too. Thomas and his family went home right after the sustainings, but I was so glad they were here for me to see. Jenn and I and Hyrum and Maya also stood when it was our turn to sustain them. A sacred privilege.
Of course, I loved the story about Parley and Orson Pratt that Elder Renlund told. I believe it's so true that doing family history and temple work can heal wounded families and hearts.
Thomas, Thomas Wyatt, Luke and Tony came to watch Priesthood meeting with us. Wow! Another historic meeting. We saw the announcement that no longer would wards have High Priest Groups. All the men in the ward...Elders, High Priests, Prospective Elders...would be in the Elders' Quorum. The only High Priests would be those who had specific High Priest callings such as Bishopric, Stake Presidency, High Council and Patriarch. Those would meet under the direction of the the stake presidency as a stake High Priest Quorum. Dad thinks it's a very good change, and I can see that it will foster unity in the wards among Priesthood holders. One women's organization and one men's organization in each ward.
~NEWS FROM AROUND THE FAMILY~
NATHAN AND SHAUNA
Palmer attended an American Student Dental Association (I'm guessing on the meaning of ASDA) convention, at which he spoke.
I have no clue what they're standing in front of, but I think it's in Arizona because they have on sunglasses and it's March.
Jovie liked her great grandpa at Crew's birthday party.
Bethany and Jori entertained Jovie with pictures of herself.
Josh went home to Omaha during his spring break...go figure. I don't think Omaha is a normal spring break destination, but to Joshua, there's no better place. He even got back to taking "Preservationist" pictures, which he had quit doing for a while. This is at Kaneko (wherever that is).
Hannah and Seth at Omaha Old Market (see above picture) with Seth's niece.
Shauna's birthday. Seth had given her a set of glasses for Christmas and she liked them so much that he got her another set for her birthday.
Nathan posted this absolutely gorgeous picture of the Nathan and Shauna Biggs family. I love it so much! Remember how much Josh looked like Nathan when he was a baby? Now he looks like a male version of Shauna.
JOEL AND STEPHANIE
Crew at the Metropolitan Opera in NYC, and on the bus from the airport. He and Hayden got to accompany their dads on an NYC business trip. I'm sure they had to work for the privilege.
With his cousins and aunt when they went to do baptisms at the Mesa Temple.
Crew's family birthday party on the 18th. We had steak...so tender and tasty...salad and his mom's famous beans, among other delicious treats. Lindsay is glowing.
Cracking the whip!
Blowing out his candle and putting up with being sung to.
Lindsay went home to Washington where her mom gave a spectacular baby shower for her.
The Biggs boys, in their Dad's office, waiting for Crew's ordination to begin.
Loving, proud parents and grandparents.
Levi's family had a crabfest for his birthday on the 31st.
DANIEL AND CONNIE
Analynn had the opportunity to visit Mexico with her school for several days last month and this. I think she had a wonderful time, but the only pictures I saw were these two.
Parker caught a rattlesnake out by Daley Estates.
When Rachel was going to the Mesa Temple, she went by her old house and Daniel's, and took video. I screen shot this picture of their house.
Shannyn and Aila...looks like fun at a shopping mall.
Their stream went from frozen solid last month, to running free and full of fish this month.
Alonzo got glasses. He looks good in them.
Darling Theo. I think some of these were at the St. Louis zoo.
They got baby ducks to go along with the big ducks in their stream.
Daniel and Dad have decided to learn Chinese together. He's already practicing his Chinese characters. Dad said he called Daniel one day to see how he was doing and Daniel started speaking to him in Chinese!
Daniel had a birthday this month and I copied these pictures from Instagram. For his birthday, both Shannyn and Analynn posted pictures of him with his grandbabies. I think he feels that he could have no better gift than what fills his arms in these pictures...plus, of course, the baby Devynne is expecting πΆ
His "Amazing Connie Cake" represented their stream out of which he is pulling a huge, scary-looking fish!
Shannyn and friends at their stake's Mormon prom. She is so the prettiest one. Look at that hair!
On Emma's 12th birthday, the 29th, her "Amazing Connie Cake" was a Pandacorn cake. I'll admit I have no idea what that is, but it looks delicious. π Connie loves having artist, Alta, around to help with the cakes. They are a good team.
The YW of their Colorado Ward, led by Analynn, it looks like, kidnapped Emma to welcome her into their group.
REBECCA AND SCOTT
Scott has learned how to do things with his left hand while he is recovering from his extensive shoulder surgery.
They stopped in Tucson on their way home from Mexico to see his doctor, who said he is progressing well...as if Scott would ever be caught doing anything else.
Allison looks so good! Her baby is due near the first week in April.
Her mother-in-law gave a baby shower for her.
Harvey celebrated his 2nd birthday on St. Patrick's Day. He got to help make his cake and even got the hang of the retractible horn...a difficult skill even for older kids.
Birthday fun!
He even got a birthday greeting from his great grandparents.
Parley has been enjoying Europe...Italy and Spain, especially. I don't even know where all these pictures were taken, but I love them all and am so glad they are getting to have these wonderful experiences. And I'm glad they are taking pictures because Parley won't remember it and so for him it will be as if it never happened, except for the pictures.
I recognize this as Venice, of course.
Dallin and Sara just happened to be on the beach in Florence when they saw this amazing sight. Those are the colors of the Italian flag.
Rebecca and Scott and DeWitt and Polly went to Rocky Point for spring break, and took Rylie and Isabel and Patrick Eady with them for a wonderful, memorable trip.
They rented a house on the beach instead of staying in their regular resort, and especially enjoyed the back patio for meals and lounging.
One of their favorite things to do each trip is to attend the Rocky Point Ward on Sunday.
When they got home, Scott couldn't wait to get back to work, in spite of his handicap, but Polly was willing to help out and be his right arm. They are going to feed the animals on their animal farm. The kids have all enjoyed visiting it and playing with the plethora of bunnies, chickens, goats and gerbils running around in their petting farm.
She played her first home match against Paradise Valley and won both singles and doubles.
Lillian and Kelin attended a conference-time reunion of their Philippine Mission. We would like to attend a reunion of the Portugal Mission one of these days.
JEREMY AND ERIKA
Hayden and Crew at the Metropolitan Opera.
While Jeremy and Hayden were working in NYC, Erika and Reygan went there to play. They seemed to have such a good time, an even got together with Deborah Caddy (Boehme) who lives there. Leslie Hiatt and her husband Magarin Hobson, also live there, and I heard a rumor that Magarin was helping Joel and Jeremy, but I didn't see any pictures with them.
They attended church in the Temple building, which has a chapel on the bottom floor, I think.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park
I'm not at all sure about this picture but it is of four of my favorite people, so I put it in π
Daynen and Jori's photographer posted some new pictures of their wedding.
Ellie went to do baptisms with her cousins and sister.
The Jeremy and Erika family at Crew's birthday party
Erika had a medical conference, or continuing education thing, in Boston this month. She and Jeremy went back there and had a great time. They said Docker is going to love this place.
It looks like they also went to Salem. How Fun!
Tayte participated in this special Easter production on the 30th of March.
RACHEL AND TONY
Rylie and Isabel had the opportunity to go to Mexico with Rebecca's family for spring break.
While they were gone, Rachel tried to help her younger ones have a good spring break by doing local things like exploring Discovery Park...
..and going to the Gila Valley Temple to do baptisms.
When Rylie and Isabel got home, everyone was glad to see them, especially Isabel's dogs!
Rachel brought Brynlie and Camille to Mesa, where they attended the Mesa Temple, with their cousins, for baptisms.
They stayed at Esther's house and were there when we went to eat dinner with them.
In fact, Rachel helped out by clipping the wings of Esther's chickens for her.
Isabel at the Gila Valley Idol competition. She was fabulous! I can't believe she didn't win. The guy who won had been a contestant every year for 7 or 8 years, though. I guess they think that's paying his dues. He was good, I have to say, but so was Isabel, and she was much prettier π
They went to Mesa to attend Luke's all-state orchestra concert and stopped to visit Marlie and bring her some goodies and gifts to help make her feel better.
Luke with his all-state orchestra and family fan club. We were at the Brinton reunion at this time, but we were cheering for him anyway.
That night, they went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. They called Harrison and asked him to go with them, which he and Soren did, and they even saved the Alders some seats because they didn't know they had to be there several hours early to get good seats.
The next day they ate at Joe's Farm Grill and, of course, since it's Harrison's favorite, they called him.
They stayed in the condo with us and went to Joel's church and Crew's ordination with us.
Isabel didn't go with them because she had an appointment to get her senior pictures taken. These are so beautiful! She is such a natural beauty. If you look at the picture on the bottom of her on the mountain with her dog...no makeup...no hair style...just natural beauty...she looks the same...gorgeous! What you see is what you get.
Brynlie, Camille and Isabel enjoying the Evans' petting farm.
Isabel is the "Rabbit whisperer," Rebecca says. She was able to catch bunnies for her sisters to hold.
ESTHER AND SHAD
Pinewood Derby time
The family also went to the cabin during spring break and invited Shad's family to come along.
At the Mesa Temple with cousins, for baptisms. As a Priest, Harrison got to do some of the baptisms.
Esther and Soren and Brody waited for the older kids at the Visitors' Center and around the temple grounds.
Dinner on Friday night after we and Esther, Shad, Rachel attended the Mesa Temple.
St. Patrick's Day treasure
Rachel and Esther, taking advantage of the room Shad had reserved for their anniversary, for a girls' night out.
At Crew's birthday party
Clowning around before surgery
Marlie's hammer toe; not clowning around after surgery.
Harrison and Soren with the Alder girls at the Easter Pageant.
Harrison participated in the anti-gun rally in Phoenix.
At Joe's Farm Grill with Rachel's family...with sunburned cheeks from his rally.
THOMAS AND JENN
Pinewood Derby time for Hyrum. He designed and painted an El Charro van replica, knowing it wasn't aerodynamic and wouldn't win. But he didn't care. He like it anyway. I thought it really looked good.
The boys went shooting with Grandpa one afternoon.
I attended Maya's 2nd Grade program, where she sang a cute little duet. She sang a chorus of "Lean on Me," one of my favorite songs. She did really well, too.
Elders Dube and Tilleman, who came for Safford Stake Conference, ate at El Charro, as did the whole stake presidency...now former stake presidency. Elder Dube is from Zimbabwe, and Elder Tilleman is from Canada. He actually played on the Canadian Olympic basketball team in 1984 and 1988, and guarded Michael Jordan! They were both delightful.
On Jenn's birthday, when she and her kids were walking their dogs.
They went over to the Evans' animal farm and played with their chickens, goats, gerbils and bunnies. Hyrum took a pencil and paper and proceed to tally each animal and name it.
Kirtlyn and Maya felt like real, true Disney princesses because they were able to hold a bunny at the Evans' petting farm.
Hyrum, Maya and Henry participated in the Youth Theater play Peter Pan. Maya was an Indian maiden, Hyrum wasMr. Darling and a pirate and Henry was a pirate.

They were so good, and so cute! It was fun to see them participate in the play and to see how much they enjoyed it.
MARY AND TYSON
Before Mary and Tyson went on their fantastic Disney cruise, she had to put on a huge Relief Society meeting. The theme was Alice in Wonderland.
And then, the kids reminded her, the night before, of course, that they were supposed to wear Dr. Seuss clothes the next day. So she had to scrounge around and see what she could come up with at her house. Luckily, they had a Grinch costume from the Light Parade at Christmas time, but Lindsay wanted to be Daisy Head Maisie, so Mary fashioned a daisy from scraps and attached it to her head. Jared was the Lorax. She drew and he colored the yellow mustache and they attached it to an orange hat. And, of course, Alex was Spiderman, as always.
When they spent the afternoon with us while their parents and older siblings were gone.
Universal Studios before the Disney ship embarkation.
Holding birds and spiders...how fun
Of course, in Florida, alligators!π
Yes, folks, those alligators that Brianna and Carson are sitting on are real. I saw the video and they are alive and real.
Disney cruise...Just in time, I think.
Decorating their door
Castaway Cay, Disney island on which they only allow one ship at a time. They got to do some snorkeling.
Ethan, I think this is at his Richins grandparent's house.
FHE service project to the grandparents
Mary sent some things to Marlie with Rachel.
All ready for Peter Pan. Guess who got the part of Peter?
Lindsay and Jared went to Hyrum and Maya and Henry's play with us on Tuesday night.
Poor little Ethan, got so sick. The doctor diagnosed RSV and double ear infection. After some different antibiotic (he had been taking one but it didn't cover ear infections) and a powerful Priesthood blessing from his dad and grandpa, he is finally starting to get better.
Fortunately by the night of the play, Ethan was well enough that Mary could leave him and go to Peter Pan. I think Tyson stayed with Ethan and will go another night. But Wednesday was their opening night and both Peter Pan and the pirate were very nervous. They were so amazing, though. As Mary said, "Jared is a mean pirate who can't stop smiling." And Lindsay was Peter to a "T." She totally nailed it, and I even had compliments the next day at the Temple.
SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU SMILE
Mary sent me this picture. It made me feel so normal! And not so embarrassed to be directionally dysfunctional...almost stylish π
Rebecca found this picture of the Northern Lights from space and sent it to me. Amazing!!
When Ethan was staying here, I had left the broom and dustpan out. He quietly put them away in the broom cupboard without any prompting or help. He insisted on having his leg out of the pjs.
A wonderful selfie that really made me smile. Send more, everyone!
We took this picture when we were leaving Mary's after she gave Dad a haircut. It's nice to be the age when your bathroom is whenever and wherever you need it.
She loves her bath! A girl after my own heart π
Don't skip this...read it!
This made me smile all over...Rebecca asked for Polly to be her first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, and the Bishop thought that was a great idea. Rebecca now has two young single adult counselors, Polly and Brooklyn Farar, a newly returned missionary. I think Rebecca was inspired.
"Hello" at our front door.




























































































































































1 comment:
Excellent March Blog Grandma Susan! I especially loved seeing Mary’s Disney Cruise pictures! I want to go on a Disney Cruise so bad. That’s so fun! I also loved the “It’s Strange” poem or story. It definitely made me think of how I can better put the Lord first in my life. Finally, I absolutely love that Polly is Rebecca’s first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. They are going to do amazing things. I wish I was in their Ward. Anyway, I love you all and I love seeing all the pictures! - Devynne Marie
Post a Comment