
We really had a fun Halloween. Even with all of the crazy school parties. Gilbert School District has adopted a "no junk food" policy and the party consisted of fruit/veggie trays and baked crackers and chips. Some classes allowed one sweet treat. I personally thought it was great without that mid day sugar high, but I think this policy is less than desirable for the kids.
We really have a fun neighborhood to trick or treat in. We have crime scenes (a police car-lights going and all! with a fake guy underneath, lots of catsup all over, a brain, evidence markers and crime scene tape), the parents favorite house (the one that gives candy to the kids and has a dozen pizzas and many sodas to choose from for the adults), streets jam packed with kids and families that you know most of them and we just chat with them as we go, and the movie house (that is ours-we watched monster house on the side of our neighbors house). The movie turned out great everyone had a great time. This is our 2nd year and it is becoming a tradition. We want to do Polar Express in the winter with hot choc. and smores.
This is a picture of the movie on the side of the house even though you cant see the movie in this pic.
Here is some of the crowd that watched with us. Kids trick or treating would just plop down on the curb and just watch.
We wanted to share the pics of the kids with yall and show you our pumpkins for the contest.
Here are the kids:




And here are our lovely pumpkins:
Ellie's as you can see has a life of it's own, but he other pumpkins are as follows: (Left to Right) Hayden, Tayte, Reygan, Jer, Me, Ellie, and Daynen


6 comments:
I just laughed the whole way through! Your pumpkins are almost as cute as your kids. These are the first Halloween pics, so you've set a good standard which I hope the rest will follow...except I couldn't tell what Daynen was dressed as.
How very fun. If and when we move back I can't wait to go trick or treating with yall again. The kids are so cute. Daynen even had the curlycue. He was a good looking superman
Sounds like such a fun neighborhood. Everyone looks so good it's fun to hear and see all that you did. I had the same idea about the polar express just to remember the Grand Canyon Thanksgiving experience. That was so much fun and Thanks to all of you that put it together.
Nice costumes Daynen,Reygan,Tate, Hayden, and Ellie. And Aunt Erika I couldn't tell if you were Mrs. Good Idea Of No Junk Food At Party, or Aunt Erika. Anyway nice Halloween, 1/4 of us didn't go Trick-or-Treating (Of course I did). At my Halloween Party we didn't have any drinks it stunck. Last, Happy Halloween.
From Porter (the one above).
Ellie that is one cute "bumkin" I mean pumpkin!!! Can we trick-or-treat with you guys next year?! :)
Post a Comment