

I had no idea so many of you are using this thing to express yourselves - does'nt anyone use a telephone anymore? I figured I had better write somthing, otherwse when this record is recovered and translated someday, nobody will ever know I existed...I did read some of your posts and comments and found them pretty entertaining however...
We are gearing up for a trip back east next week....We are flying to Philly on Monday and will visit my old mission including some of the "safer" areas of Philadelphia as well as an excursion to Lancaster and Hershey...We plan on ending up in NYC were we will catch a few BW shows including Beauty and the Beast with Donny Osmond, Wicked, Tarzan and Mary Poppins.
We are going to NYC for an event that we are doing marking the end of the Nationwide Road Tour of the National Anthem Project....In fact if you are up early enough on Friday you may see us on each of the morning news shows....Good Morning America, Today, and Early Show....I think both Shad and Tyson will be there also...
We are going to end this project finally, in June of 07 on Flag Day...We are expecting to have 25,000 people in the middle of DC singing the Anthem...and then concerts all day at 10 of DC's memorials. We could use some help on this weekend if any of you are interested in a trip to the Capital...Check out the schedule on our web site. Also if any of you high school kids (that can sing) sorry Josh......just kidding, are interested. We need 100 kids to ride on a Rose Bowl Float with the Oak Ridge Boys. This float is one of 4 entertainment floats and is guaranteed 30 seconds of National Coverage - so you will be famous...We will be the first float, leading the parade....check out our site again for info...Let me know if you're interested. Oh and by the way everyone who will be riding on the float will help to attach the flower pettles on the float the day before the parade...should be fun...
While we are in New York I will have to leave Steph and the Kids in the city for a day while I catch a flight to Pittsburg. I have a meeting with MTV to film me extending an invitation to a show choir from West Virgina to come to our FAME New York competition....MTV is doing a show called MTV project show choir. They are following this school all year as they prepare for our event in New York this coming spring. MTV will then come to New York to film our competition. They expect it to broadcast in the summer of 07. I'm not sure whether this will be a good thing or not...I am not the biggest MTV fan..
Our 4 boys are all staying pretty busy. They are excited to take a break for a week...Stetson is playing Club Volley Ball. His club team is called rage. They won their first tournament in Tucson last week...Stetson was the key to victory. Levi just finished his last football game of the season..He played for the Greenfield Grizzleys....Levi is one of tallest boys on the team and is a great player. He also is playing the viola and had a great concert the other night...Docker is playing Club basketball with Ryan Cuff (old ASU player- during the Headache Smith Days) he is also playing soccer and is in the chess club...He as taught himself to read and actualy spends more time reading now than playing video games. I told him we could watch movies on the plane and he said I'm not going to watch, I am going to read.....I think Crew is in his 4th year of pre-school. I am not sure whether he is flunking out or just going for some advanced degree...prior to enrolling in kindergarten.
Wait....I gota go...As many of you know...Steph has a zit popping addiction...and unfortunately for Stetson and Levi they are at the age when ..... Well lets just say its harvest season....I told her that I would support her in everything but this...So I have to take a minute and run to the defense of poor Stetson...
Joel
8 comments:
Your alive!!! Its nice to hear from you. Sounds like an exciting year for you and FAME. You are already famous here in Clinton because our show choir travels with you so feel free to make a business trip here sometime. You better hurry though, we won't be here much longer. We will be looking for you on t.v. and don't make this just an annual post. Its addicting once you start.
Way to go Joel. You did it! And it was very good. It was good to hear from ya, and sounds like things are really hop'n. I whish we could go to D.C. maybe when the twinks are 5. That national Anthem thing is going to be Awsome I want to hear more about that.
Rach
It's about time. We love hearing about your family except perhaps exchanging the once beautiful image of 'harvest' with another not quite as beautiful image. Keep these blogs coming and as you know more about TV time, let us know and Connie and I would love to do the DC thing. I think by 2007 DC will need all the republicans it can get because after November they may be in short supply.
- Daniel
It sounds Great Joel, sign us up!
It is great that you are able to do so much for such a great cause!
Good luck on TV, we will be watching for ya.
Jenn & Thomas
Actually, Josh and Docker are probably two of our best singers! How fun to read your blog! It makes us feel good to know the Joel Biggses are alive and well and having a great time. And, it is allowed to make short, 2 or 3 line blogs so it isn't so hard to do it. We look forward to hearing from you more often.
Joshua's official answer is that he'll "think about it." Bethany will be going into high school - is she too young? She can sing, also; she's in swing choir. Hannah's begging to go: she said she'll "blend in" because she's 5'4", she'll wear high heels and makeup, and she's very mature for her age. (Picture her on her knees, clasping her hands in the air.)
Nathan & I can't go to DC - he's way too busy.
Stetson - I am so jealous that you're playing VB. That is my favorite sport in the whole world! I miss playing. Did you know NE VB is #1 is the country? I warn my whole family to clear the family room so I can watch them on when they're on TV.
Good to hear from you. Think of us when you see all those Broadway shows... :-)
Which one is Levi? #5?
I wrote a big comment, but my computer blinked out, but just so you know that I commented, but I don't have time to write the whole thing over again.
Rebecca
Joel, blog again and then I will comment:-)
Post a Comment