Friday, October 13, 2006

Visiting with Mom and Dad for Free

Dad set up a Skype account, and I have been able to visit with him and Mom from Portugal over the computer. If any of you would like to set up a Skype account and do the same thing, I would be happy to help. Send me an email, and I can give you their user name (I do not want to do it over this public forum).

We have worked out some of the things that make the experience better. You will need a microphone on your computer. Also, it helps if you have headphones instead of letting the sound go over the speakers. There is a lot of echo for the person on the other end if you use the speakers.

Sometimes when I call them, a Portuguese person will answer for them. It is an interesting experience.

Let me know if you are interested.

Nathan

7 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I want in. I'll send a message...Thanks - Daniel

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Can we also talk with each other? And how many at one time? Jer set it up for me here but I need to get a mic.

Nathan said...

I think that you can get four on at a time, but I am not sure...maybe more.

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

I think it's 4+the host so 5 total.

Evans Family said...

I got my microphone so I'll be good to go
Rebecca

Mom & Dad said...

This sounds so exciting. I love knowing that you can all talk together as well as to us. It will be almost like a "verbal" blog!

Nathan said...

I just talked to Mom and Dad on Skype, and had Rachel and Mary on there too. Let me know if you need any help getting set up. It sounds like most people need to get a microphone.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...