Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

We love you all and we're glad that every one of you is part of our family. If we were closer I'd make you all a heart sugar cookie with your name on it. So you'll just have to imagine it instead (It's a lot less calories that way.) Hope everyone has a good day and know that you are loved!

21 comments:

Shauna said...

Mom's sugar cookies are really good. Happy Valentine's Day. Oh,I'm giving out Nerds on my Valentines this year.I love you all!

hannah

Erika said...

Thanks Shauna, that is very nice. Do you have a good sugar cookie recipe that has no trans fat?

Erika

Esther said...

Wow. That was the best no calorie sugar cookie I ever imagined. Happy Valentines to you too.
#7

Evans Family said...

Esther,
I like your sign off, love ya #7 Scott and I loved that whole bit about who was who and who was in line. It was great that mom was the one to mess up.

Shauna, I'm making sugar cookies right now and was wondering what your recipe was. Thankyou for the valentine greetings.

Love, Rebecca

Erika, try one day with full transfat, it's wonderfull!!:-)

Erika said...

I think I am going to throw up rebecca! I can't believe you said that. Gross! Happy Valentines day!
#5 1/2

Esther said...

That's funny Erika!
#7

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Hey,
We made(Rebecca made)heart shaped Valentine's Day cookies too!!!We also made brownies for me & "Lizzie"(as told by Scott)took to school for Valentine's day.

-Rylie
P.S.someone should call us on our answering machine,my Mom said it was so funny!!!

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Esther so funny!! "#7" and Erika even funnier "#5 1/2" love it!! Thanks Shauna for the valentine wish. I made Chocolate covered strawberries so to everyone pretend I gave you one. We should do this for Christmas too. Hey Joel, we have you for Christmas this year, so "pretend" we gave you a... Gulfstream, um ya a private Jet, and you could "pretend" to take us all on some awesome vacation. Have a Great Day!!
love ya all,
Rachel
P.s. Daniel I got your message but didn't know what you needed to know. Did you get it cleared up? Camille had a doctors apointment in Phoenix, that is why didn't call back. Let me know.

Shauna said...

Erika(#5 1/2)- You are hi-larious! Um, does anyone make sugar cookies with no trans fat? I guess you could substitute, but since I make these only twice a year I figured we were OK. My friend made CC cookies w/half oil & half applesauce & she said they're the best she's ever made. I haven't made them yet because I've limited myself to making/eating one treat per week. Also, I'm only putting in half the called-for sugar & everything turns out fine.

Here's my sugar cookie recipe: (everyone says it's the best. I'm not bragging because y'all know I never think of anything myself. It's my mom's recipe I grew up with.) I'll even translate it into healthiness for you:

1 C shortening -OR- 1/2 C oil; 1/2 C applesauce
1-1/2 C sugar -OR- 3/4 C sugar
2 eggs -OR- 4 egg whites -OR- 2 T each soy flour & water
1 t. vanilla
4 C flour -OR- any combo of whole wheat or white bean flour or white flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/3 C milk -OR- 1/3 C water & 1 T pwd milk

Roll dough into desired thickness (my family likes them soft & chewy so I do about 1/4-1/2"). Cut out & bake @ 350° for 10 min. This makes more than most recipes, so don't double unless you're baking for a huge crowd: I made 36-3" hearts & 5-5" hearts.

Steph & Rebecca - Remember when I made whole wheat Christmas tree sugar cookies for our decorating contest? Good times, good times... :) Yup, I was kooky back then too!

Rachel - That is FUNNY! I'll add that to my tightwad tips... So this Christmas you & Tony can pretend to eat our Omaha steaks - K?! Thanks for the strawberries. We made smoothies w/ours.

Shauna said...

I forgot to say from #1-1/2. I never have been able to say "I'm #1!" so this is the closest I'll get. Maybe that should be my new mantra, "I'm #1-1/2!" tee hee

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Oh Man!! We were already looking forward to those steaks. Lets start pretending next year.
Rachel
P.s. Yes, I too would love for you all to look into Arizona, Safford even. :)

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Well I guess I missed the blog on Valentines day. I was busy making and delivering valentines all day. So Happy Valentines Day! Hope all of your husbands treated you as well as mine did!
Shauna, I made some cookies with ww flour the other day because I didn't have white and they turned out really crumbly. You were always the one to try something new and healthy or frugal. When I try it just doesn't turn out!

Mom & Dad said...

Wow! I'm sorry we missed the Valentine's Day blog. It sounds like we would have enjoyed a banquet of imaginary goodies. I just frosted some "Bolachas da Maria" and put conversation hearts (sent by the mother of one of our Elders) on them for my English class. I told them they had to read the hearts before they ate the cookie. They make all kinds of things with Bolachas da Maria here. Whenever a sugar cookie or graham cracher is called for, out comes the Bolaches da Maria. I'll tell you the truth, we missed Rebecca's high transfat sugar cookies.

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Well we were able to have Rebecca's cookies and they were delecious! You imaginary eaters don't know what your missing! :)

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I spent the whole day like Stephanie, Valentines all day. And getting rid of our goats,lunch with Daniel,being in charge of Albert's class party(because no one else will or they only speak Spanish),home to finish sugar cookies(the good kind too)for my family and the young women/men,then off to young womens for the night. To top off my night I ran out of gas and had to sit at the church until another leader went to get me some gas. Anyway, it was busy and fun. Today, I started the clean up process but had to stop when a friend needed me. She was going skiing and needed someone to go with her. I couldn't let her down. So I had to ski all afternoon. Darn, huh?

(Going with the number theme)
3 1/2

Shauna said...

You got rid of the "kids"?! How could you?? JK... We also had an eventful evening along the same lines. After making cookies for us & Nathan's Institute class (which as you know can be a production), quickly exchanging family valentines & scarfing down dinner, Nathan ran off to his Institute class. I get a call a few minutes later & Nathan's car has died at the stoplight. Running late for his class, in 7° windy cold weather...he's in a panic. Josh & I raced to help push the car along with some volunteer firefighters, freezing our tushies off! And, he forgot the cookies...

Mom & Dad said...

You guys are hilarious! These are the kinds of days you remember forever. The ordinary ones that are just peaceful and uneventful fade into the background of our memories and never resurface. These crazy days come back to haunt us and make us laugh whenever we get together. And the best thing is, Connie, you don't have goats anymore! And, Shauna, I hope you guys ate Nathan's forgotten cookies as a reward for pushing him to class.

Shauna said...

Erika - I got my book today; I'm excited! It looks good & guess what?? They have a healthy sugar cookie recipe! (p. 221) I'll try it next holiday. So your dreams just came true! I'm having a hard time with "Weigh Down" because she eats terrible! But I do like the God concept.

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Shauna I love your blogs because when somebody comments, you respond back it's like having a conversation with you. It's good.
Rachel

Shauna said...

Thanks, Rach! I needed to hear that. I feel like I respond too much & Nathan says nobody knows what to say when I'm done. I say just jump in & everyone give their 2¢ because this is the only way most of us are communicating & making memories. I love to hear everyone's opinions. I feel like I've never talked to the Biggs fam so much in our lives. :) I know this might be hard to believe, but I grew up extremely shy & NEVER talked, so maybe I'm making up for the lack of talking all those years. ;-o

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

I feel the same way. I like it when the conversation is back and forth. Not only is it more interesting but, you're right we, "All" have never talked so much! And those of you who don't comment as often, should know, that you are missed and I for one wonder what you think. Or if you are reading the blog and the comments at all.?? Are ya?? :)
Rach

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...