Saturday, March 17, 2007

Devynne, Sweetie,
Good luck at Stake Conference tomorrow. We know you will do a fantastic job, and besides that, just being the good example of righteous, lovely, young womanhood, is the most important part. You are just the kind of girl every parent is hoping their girls will want to be, so seeing you up in front in Stake Conference will give them an example of a goal to strive for. We'll be praying for you.
Grandpa and Grandma

8 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

THANK YOU! I am really excited but nervous. I've never spoken in stake confrence before and I'm working on my talk right now. Thanks for wishing me luck I hope to do well.
-Devynne

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Wow! Devynne, that is Awesome. Tony spoke in Stake Confrence when he was in high school. But I don't think I've seen anyone your age. You'll be great! Whish I could be there to hear you.
Love ya,
Rachel

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Devynne did really really well. She told some great stories and bore a wonderful testimony. She is one of very few members in her whole school and she talked about how she teaches her friends primary songs like "once there was a snowman" and "Popocorn popping." She also talked about the book of mormnon stories she tells her friends. Later the visiting general authority (Elder Hicken...too many to remember all their names now...)commented 5 or 6 times on Devynne's talk. He said that after teaching non-member friends primary songs, it will be easier to teach "I am a child of God" and many other comments about what she said. I asked her later if she knew she was not only writing her own talk but the talk of the visiting authority. She did a great job.

Mom & Dad said...

It sounds like you were wonderful, as we knew you would be. Keep up the good work at school, Devynne. Your experience at school reminds me of Jeremy. He used to say to kids at school who were swearing around him that "you can't talk like that in front of my ears!" The kids all respected him and still liked him and, I think, they tried to talk better around him.

Evans Family said...

Way to go Devynne. What an incredible experience to speak not only at Stake Conference, but with a General Authority!!

Love, Auntie Rebecca

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Ya it was preety cool to meet him. I got to shake his hand and we got to talk for a little bit. And it was really fun giving a talk to 750 people. I was really nerveous though.
-Devynne

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary, Tyson and Family said...

Devynne,
That is soooo awesome. I'm starting to think that I want to be just like you when I grow up! :)

Love you lots!

Mary

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...