Friday, March 30, 2007

I haven't posted in a long time, sorry. My camera died a little while ago so I have no pictures. But at my school they are doing a play called "The Magical Land of Oz". Kind of Like the "Wizard of Oz", but changed a little. I'm trying out for Dorathy or the Witch of the North. (the nice witch). I have to try out with any song I want and these are the songs I was thinking of:
-Part of Your World-The Little Mermaid
-Beauty and the Beast
-Be Our Guest-Beauty and the Beast
-Under the Sea-The Little Mermaid
-Belle-Beauty and the Beast
-My Heart Will Go On-Titanic

I know they're all mostly Disney songs but those are the ones I know best. If you know of any better ones, I need options. Thank You!
-Devynne

13 comments:

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Awesome! Devynne you'll do great. I whish I could be there to see it. Grandma made me try out for the Music Man one time. My leg was broken and in a cast, I sang The Sun Will Come Out, from Annie. I was shy and unsure. And self concious because of my leg. So any song you choose will be great just belt it out and act like your perfect for the part. They wont be able to resist you. Good Luck!
Love ya,
Rachel

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Thanks Rachel I will do my best. Was my dad in that play? Because I think I remember him talking about it once but I can't remember if he was in it. Anyway thats cool you were in that play. I love that movie. I whish you could be there to.):
-devynne

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Both your Dad and Rebecca were in that play. Sadly I didn't make it.
but actually I was glad. I am amazed at how actors can "pretend" so good, I was asked to direct a play in College once, that was a lot of fun.
Rachel

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

Devynne,
Just use the song you are most comfortable singing! It is true, they will look at how confident you are, not at what song you choose.
Have you ever heard the quote:
Act like a duck.
Paddle like crazy under the water,
but be calm and collected for everyone else to see.
Though you may be nervous, no else knows that until you show them!
Have a blast... every part is a good part! Enjoy this experience!
Aunt Jenn

Mom & Dad said...

I can't imagine anyone prettier or more talented. But if it were me, I would want the part of the wicked witch of the west. It is the juiciest part of the whole play. Whatever part you get will be fun. It is a lot of fun just to participate with the other kids, so even if you are a tall munchkin, you will have fun. Good luck, Sweetie. Let us know how it goes.

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I love the quote Jenn! I absolutly love ducks, I collect them. Great advice thanks! Oh, and grandma I have a friend who is incredibly perfect for the part of the wicked witch of the west, so I'm try'n for something else. I think I'm going to sing Part of That World, and I'll just be able to sing it out.(:
-Devynne

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Rachel&Tony you're twins look funny with powder on them

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Rachel&Tony you're twins look funny with powder on them

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Rachel&Tony you're twins look funny with powder on them

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Rachel&Tony you're twins look funny with powder on them

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Sorry Albert didn't realize he commented on the wrong blog. And he did it too many times. Again, sorry!
-Devynne

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

I did great!
-Devynne

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...