Sunday, April 20, 2008

Talkin' 'bout the Boys from New York City


I don't know how many of you knew we were going, but Daniel and I spent the week in New York City last week. I really appreciate Daniel inviting me along, because it turned out to be a ton of fun. Daniel was speaking at a health care conference, but we spent more time in the city playing around than Daniel spent at the conference.

The next few pictures are from Times Square. Daniel is standing in front of the Virgin Music store holding his Virgin Pedometer. Apparently, his hospital is doing a health plan where every step they take gets them points toward merchandise at Virgin.














I took the picture of the ABC studio with Dancing With the Stars on it for Shauna. She loves watching that show.



(Okay...the text is not matching up with the pictures...)

This was on our walk through Central Park. The park was beautiful, with all of the trees blooming and flowering. We also walked through Central Park to get to the Manhattan Temple where we went through a session. That was really enjoyable.


Here is a picture of the Apple Store on 5th Ave. Connie made Daniel promise not to buy anything, but I don't think that is possible once you go in there.











I put in a request for tickets to David Letterman, and they called me and said that had tickets, but that I had to answer a trivia question first. The girl asked me what was the name of the store that Rupert G. owns. Luckily, I knew that it was the Hello Deli. Here are some pictures with us at the Late Show, and with me and Rupert G.





9 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

We did have a great time. I called Nathan just a few days before I was to be there and fortunately he was able to go and I am glad he did. This was my first time in NYC and Nathan seemed to really know his way around. We saw some great shows (Wicked, Jersey Boys and Letterman) and visiting the temple was a real highlight. Lest anyone wonder if I forsook my obligations to attend my meetings for fun in NYC I didn't. We did spend a lot of time in the city but what Nathan didn't say is that we only had 4-5 hours of sleep per night so I feel like I really had the best of both experiences. Thanks for going Nathan, I am so glad you went and please e-mail the rest of those pictures to me if you would. Thanks - Daniel

Mom & Dad said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It brings back some memories of the trip Mary and I escorted one of Joel's Church History Groups. That was the time when Mom (if my memory serves me right) had fallen down the stairs and was in no shape to make the trip--even though she wanted too and was convinced she could do it. We would like to see more pictures if you have them. Glad you made it home safely.
Dad

Mom & Dad said...

Oooooh, I am so jealous. I was jealous when Dad and Mary went, and I'm jealous now, too. But I'm glad you went and that you had fun. You guys look so good in the pictures. Do you have more?

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

It's so fun to see you both. You look good.

Evans Family said...

There is nothing like a NY City trip. Glad you blogged pictures
Rebecca

Erika said...

That looks like a very fun trip. That is fun that Nathan could go too. Sounds like a great brother bonding trip. Were there any pillow fights?? :o)

Erika

Erika said...

I could just see it now, Daniel and Nathan having a pillow fight, eating nachos, and ordering pay per veiw. That's what Joel and I do while on our business trips.
But there is one element missing from this idealic trip. . . spooning!

Jeremy

Stephanie and Joel Biggs said...

Jeremy -- you forgot sucking your thumbs -- well at least Joel does! You saw Jersey Boys??????? Would you recommend that?

Nathan said...

We put tape down the middle of the room like we did in St. Johns...

Jersey Boys was excellent...but the language was quite rough. I guess that is what you get with a story about New Jersey kids who were tied to the mob, spending time in prison, etc. It was kind of the HBO Sopranos version of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Daniel and I were on the front row, with the original Broadway cast doing their 1000th show. It was pretty amazing.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...