



Shadrach and I went on a little road trip for the last two days. Unlike the days when we were growing up we need seat belts for our kids and with the addition of another child and our kids getting bigger, we're beyond being able to stuff them in two to a belt. Anyway after much searching and calls all over the United States I found a 15 passenger 4 wheel drive van in Bozeman Montana. We have to have 4WD where we live and there is only one company that's authorized by GM and Ford to custom these vans so they're pretty rare. Long story just a little longer...Shadrach and I flew to Bozeman yesterday and drove home today. On our way we happened by Independence Rock, Devil's Gate and Martin's Cove and just like Dad would do, we stopped at the visitor center and Shadrach and I walked the 5 mile handcart trail. We also saw the name of "Ben the Wagon Boy" on the list of rescuers. I think Shadrach got a little tired of me telling him about his namesake "Shadrach Driggs" but it was really good to be there with him. The bottom picture is Connie with her new ride.
8 comments:
Congrats on the new van. Did you get your other new family addition yet?
It's official...we're bringing him home on Saturday.
Even more congratulations, then.
Wow
Big things are happening in the CO Biggs family. Congratulations on everything especially your new son. I hope to meet him soon.
Esther
We are so happy for you! Tell me his name again...
I am sure he will be so happy in your home!
We are impressed by the van as well!
Very good things happen there in CO!
Tom & Jenn
His name is Jonathan and will be Jonathan Ellis Biggs. We're supposed to be at his home in Lakewood (Denver suburb) at 8am tomorrow and we'll bring him home from there. He's never been in another home so we're expecting a tough transition but it will be good to get started. Thanks -
I already commented but it didn't show up, so I'll do it again. If it shows up twice, I'm sorry. How neat for Shadrach to get to take the trip with you to Montana. It is a good idea, in a huge family, to give each child individual time with the parents, because it's so hard to come by. And we know Jonathan will be truly loved and cared about so he will eventually adjust, even if it is a temporarily hard adjustment at first. We can hardly wait to met him.
Doesn't It look like a Mafia Car? Well we call it a CIA van or the Biggs limo
-Devynne
Post a Comment