Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Halloween!!! (Early)

Our ward had their Trunk-or-Treat early, so the kids get to dress up twice this year! I thought I would go ahead and post early then it will spred it out a little. I'm usually into theme costumes...dora and boots, pebbles and bam bam. And this year I wanted to do Cinderella and make Carson Gus Gus, but I couldn't think of what to make Lindsay until after I already went a head and made "Thomas" for Carson and Steph suggested the pumpkin!!! duh! Oh well, it would have been cute but too much work went into the Thomas, and Carson was going to wear that no matter what! Thanks Erika for the hat and Lindsay's ladybug costume!!!
***
~ Lindsay the Ladybug~
***
Lindsay didn't last long in the hat, we'll see how Halloween goes...


-Thomas the Train-

His first look at it... I learned quickly I could only work on it durning his nap... he kept sitting in it before it was even shaped or painted like a train. (the wheels lasted 30seconds)


~Cinderella~

Brianna was looking in the mirror when I put the dress on her and she gasped and said, "I really am Cinderella!!!"

6 comments:

Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Awesome, Those are some nice costumes, Thats also funny by having thomas be thomas the choo choo train and Lindsay the Ladybug. Oh, and nice costumes, who ever made them.
-Shadrach

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

Wow that is INCREDIBLE!! Mary your kids are too cute. Since Mary didn't tell how she did the train I will because it's so creative. the smoke stack is 2 spray paint can lids, the back is a shoe box the bumper things are ribbon spools, and the head is an oatmeal box. She covered the whole thing in packing tape hoping it would help with keeping it together considering little Carson the train lover will be whearing it. Too cute!

Esther said...

Mary...if only I were half as creative as you! I love, love, love the costumes. Your kids are way to adorable.

Erika said...

Great costumes Mary! Your train turned out so good. The train is AMAZING! Brianna looks so beautiful! Ellie loves her picture. And how fitting to have her standing in front of the clock! You should have set it to say 11:55 :0) get it?
But once again I am so impressed! I hope Carson loves it as much as he should with all of the love you put into that one!

Mom & Dad said...

Oh Mary, how darling your kids are and I am so proud of your amazing creativity. Thank you for blogging. I can hardly wait to see all the kids in their Halloween getups.

Nathan said...

Well, this is kind of a stage of life thing, I guess, but Shauna and I did something a little different last night. We sent the kids by themselves with a pot of chili to the ward trunk-or-treat (and their evening friend get-togethers) while we went by ourselves to get some Italian food, and go see a movie. It was the most relaxed Halloween I have had (ever?). The kids enjoyed their independence, and we enjoyed some time together. I still fondly recall the frenetic Halloween's of years' past, but this was a nice change of pace.

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...