Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Marshmallow Christmas





We've had one snow storm after another for the last couple of weeks and as Christmas approaches we're expecting another big one Christmas eve, Christmas day and Friday.  Here are a few pictures from Tuesday morning before Porter and I plowed the snow.  I've had fun sculpting the snow around our driveways and even helped a few of the neighbors plow their drives last night because they couldn't get their cars out.  I've decided that when I grow up I'm going to be a snowcat driver, grooming the slopes on ski resorts.  It's my favorite thing to do.  Also there is a picture of Shadrach making a sled path in our new front yard for his brothers and sisters.  He was great, carrying up their sleds over and over so they could slide.  Finally a picture of Ellis in the afternoon.  We weren't sure how he would do on a sled but he went dozens of times and laughed out loud the whole way down, especially on the jump the kids made at the bottom.

By the way, some of you already have been watching the snow but for those interested, check out www.skiarizado.com for our webcam in the backyard.  You can watch the snow and if you're lucky see elk or deer or the other night we watched a red fox bouncing around in the snow in front of the camera.

4 comments:

Evans Family said...

you guys are so lucky I bet safford and or az wont have snow for another 10.
I wish just one christmas it well snow
-Lillian

Erika said...

My feet are cold just looking at that! The kids are excited to see snow! Looks beautiful!

Mom & Dad said...

That looks great. That is the first picture of your parking area by the front door. It looks like you did a great job of it. For sure it's a lot closer to your front door. The snow is beautiful--a lot more than I had imagined. Glad the kids are having fun with it. Daniel, that's my wish too--but with a little twist--I would like to be riding around on a tractor mowing lawns. Dad

Rachel, Tony & Family said...

That looks sooooooo fun! I haven't had a white Christmas since I was like 5 or 4! Actually, we had a few snowflakes fall in Safford today. We went crazy over em when we couldn't even see them touch the ground!!
-rylie

AUGUST ~BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JOSEPH SMITH

     One of the most precious doctrines of the Gospel is the doctrine of vicarious work for the dead.  August 15, 1840 is when Joseph Smi...